• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie number...?

BeckiP

Hi everyone, another Newbie here!

I've just got my referral letter through the post so I'm at the very beginning of the WLS process. But I thought I'd join so I could have a chat and follow some of your awesome transformation stories!

2012/2013 has been a great time for me. I'm 24, I graduated from Uni (With a First, might I add!) and recently got my dream job. Everything in my life is falling into place but my weight is holding me back.

I've been supporting my mum through the process of her Gastric Bypass surgery for the last six months. She is 3 weeks post op and looking (But more importantly) feeling AMAZING I'm so super proud of her achievement so far. Because of this I think it's far to say I know a bit about the process so I'm very nervous... But mostly excited about whats to come.

Anyway, enough from me. I look forward to chatting to you all!

Good Luck!! xx

Hi :)

At the moment I'm thinking Bypass, but thats because I already have quite a lot of information on it already. I'm going to read up on bands before I make any decisions, but I've heard that some people don't have success with them? I'd be a bit scared in case I was one of them I think!

It all very much depends on your personal circumstances? Age, weight and any health issues. Eating habits affect it also. I suppose if mum has had a bypass then u know all about that.
I didn't meet criteria for a bypass also I was scared of the vitamin problems that can occur.

Well I'm trying to keep my mind and options open because there is so much to think about! So I definitely haven't ruled anything out thats for sure. Keeping up with this forum is a great source of information too and I think it's really going to help me make some important decisions x

Hi,, welcomex

Hi and welcome

Hiya, im new too! good luck with your decision, i can relate to your story well. My weight is the one thing holding me back but not anymore! x

Great attitude dreamer! You will get there!

Thank you @slimby50 and yeah @freetobeme would be great to be wls friends! I do a lot of youtubing too and find that very helpful! x

Back