• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Saying Hello

MayraF

Hello everyone! After reading the forums for a couple of weeks i have decided to register so i can be in touch with like-minded people :D

I have struggled with my weight since i was 13... i am 26 now and over the years i have tried every diet/club/pills under the sun and failed so over the past couple of years ( yes, i know, took me a long time to decide, it is a life changing decision ) i have been researching about WLS. I had spoken to my GP last year about it, and she was not very sympathetic, she dismissed my questions about it by saying, and i quote: "close your mouth and exercise". So today i am changing practices, and hopefully i will end up with a more open minded GP who will be able to help me. So fingers crossed and i will keep you all updated!

Hi Mayra :)

How frustrating to hear about your GP .. unfortunatly i think its quite common, i had a similar experiance this morning at my doctors.

I look forward to hearing about your journey

Which surgery are you looking at getting?

oo just noticed your in my neck of the woods :)

xxx

Hi and welcome, congrats on taking control of your weight so young, it took me far longer, go and see another G.P dont give up at the first hurdle, or just keep pestering your own G.P let her know your not going to give up.

Definately need a new doc so I am glad you are doing something about that x
Welcome aboard x

close ur mouth and excercise more, silly me why didnt i think of that??!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::0clapper:

good luck in ur journey. this place is amazing!!

Back