• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie sleeved 06/09/14 my journey begins

By the way how many wounds have you got ?
because I've got six and it seems too many although one when I took the dressing off looked like a pimple lol

I've got 5 wounds :) my surgeon before the op said it should be 5 or 6 cuts once he finished :)

Oh I'm the same then.. that's a relief I didn't think to ask before or after op or at follow up lol

Oh I'm the same then.. that's a relief I didn't think to ask before or after op or at follow up lol

I actually cant wrap my head around how do they manage to do anything inside through just 5 such small holes!!

I know its amazing.. I cant tell which one the excess stomach was pulled through they are all so small. I got given a DVD of the op might have to watch it. So far I haven't been brave enough.

I know its amazing.. I cant tell which one the excess stomach was pulled through they are all so small. I got given a DVD of the op might have to watch it. So far I haven't been brave enough.

Oh wow!!! Thats interesting! Would love to see mine!! :) :) even though i understand why you are not brave enough! :)

Oh wow. Is that a normal thing - to get a DVD? Would love to see mine when it's done.

Sarah - just want to say it sounds like you're doing amazing, take it easy though and don't rush the work thing. Am hoping my recovery is as smooth as yours.

Oh it does sound like you went back a bit too early. :)

Though i am pleased to hear that they blended and sieved your soup for you at that cafe!! Amazing! :)

I still have 3 wounds covered (practise nurse recomended to keep them still covered). I am glad though as i dont need to look at them everyday :) :) had a very week moment when i took the bandages off first time last saturday ;) ;) :) half of one wound opened up and started to bleed once i removed that steristrip..

Hope you will manage more fluids today :) i am on this mission too! :)

Oh wow. Is that a normal thing - to get a DVD? Would love to see mine when it's done.

Sarah - just want to say it sounds like you're doing amazing, take it easy though and don't rush the work thing. Am hoping my recovery is as smooth as yours.

Hi Bear I think it is normal to get a DVD through spire health care. I'm feeling much better tonight managed to have more fluids today.

Hi Sarahr. I had my sleeve done last Saturday (the 13th), just a week after you. You are very lucky not to have any complications. Wel done to you!

if it wasn't for the 5 holes in my tummy I'd think he forgot to do the op.
I've got 5 wounds :) my surgeon before the op said it should be 5 or 6 cuts once he finished :)
I only have 4 :confused:

Sarahr, when do you start your puree stage? Is it only two weeks of fluids for you too?

I am scared... Will my stomach be ready.. Am i ready myself?

i feel lost as i dont quiet know where to start.. And what to get from shops... Need to make propper eating, cooking, shopping plans.. But so hard to know in advance what will i want to eat in the future..

Sarahr, when do you start your puree stage? Is it only two weeks of fluids for you too?

I am scared... Will my stomach be ready.. Am i ready myself?

i feel lost as i dont quiet know where to start.. And what to get from shops... Need to make propper eating, cooking, shopping plans.. But so hard to know in advance what will i want to eat in the future..

Hi llora yeah he said at two weeks but I know what you mean I'm scared. I've just been shopping and was looking at the baby food nearly bought a chicken roast dinner to start on Saturday lol
I haven't gone off anything I think ill start with mash and veggies and then see what happens. I have got a sample diet sheet from the hospital, if you have you could just start with that.

It's so weird the differences between surgeons.
I haven't had to do a pre-op diet, but the diet sheet that I got through the post for post-op says 3 weeks liquid and 3 weeks purée. And no chocolate milk!!

It's so weird the differences between surgeons.
I haven't had to do a pre-op diet, but the diet sheet that I got through the post for post-op says 3 weeks liquid and 3 weeks purée. And no chocolate milk!!

I've got to do 2 weeks liquids, 2 puree and 2 soft/mushy foods. So it even out to 6 weeks anyway :)

I've got to do 2 weeks liquids, 2 puree and 2 soft/mushy foods. So it even out to 6 weeks anyway :)

I didn't do pre op diet either and my sheets have liquid diet for 4 weeks but Mr Mannur has changed mine based on my recovery that's why I've only got two weeks liquid. Yeah its your team that decide I expect if going by the rules everyone would be on liquids for longer just to give your stomach the best chance of healing completely that's why im scared to go on to puree tomorrow think I'll stay on liquids a bit longer.

Hi all
two weeks post op another 5lb down this week so 16lb in total :) feeling fine. don't even feel like I've had an op :)

Back