• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to site

Debgenest

Hi everyone:

I am newbie to this site. I had gastric bypass on May 13, 2013. I am blessed to have been given this wonderful new opportunity in life. I have gone from a size 22 to a size 2. My highest weight was 268 pounds and I now weigh a healthy 122 pounds. I enjoy running and going to the gym to work out. I look forward to being an inspiration to others as well as learning new ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello newbie, I love it when newbies find our site makes me really happy! What a great job your doing,a size 2! I'm a very long way if ever of getting that small just been smaller than I was before makes me beam from ear to ear just working on losing the Christmas gain
Good luck with everything

Didn't know they did clothes in a size 2 sounds tiny I thought it was a typo to be honest well done newbie and welcome x

Size 2 American is size 6 UK sizes!

Welcome to the site - great to hear how well you've done! :) x

Welcome to the site, Deb! Its great to hear you've done so well. How did you find the whole experience? Im hoping to have a gastric bypass too but its early stages for me.. still a long way to go

Hi all I registered on this site when I first applied to have surgery. I was accepted on the Program at Sunderland royal hospital unfortunately in November 2013 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I contacted the Bariatric dept and explained I was so happy when they said rather than remove me they would keep me on the waiting list until my treatment had finished. The following year I revisited the consultant and he said he would keep me on the waiting list until I was 2 years cancer clear. That time was up in October last year he agreed to go forward and I nearly fell through the floor when he said the waiting time would be a couple of months. I had managed to lose 5 stone since my first appointment with him so he only asked me to maintain my current weight. I got a phone call in November to say my proposed surgery date was 6th of January 2017. I am currently following the 10 day pre op liver reducing diet and am just crossing everything possible that nothing moves the surgery date

Back