• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

janebell

hiya im new to this and very nervous lol . i been reffered by my doctor n been to the group session i know i got a very long way to go but i also need to start losing some weight and im hopeing to get so advice n support as i only ever last 2 weeks on any diet . i am also wondering what comes next after the group session can anyone tell me thanks x

Hi Janebell i found every hospital has different ways of doing things, i went to my group meeting in september had meetings with surgeon dietician ecg blood tests etc and presentation of the ops available they went through each one and it was left to you to decide which you think most suitable for your lifestyle for the rest of your life and then the surgeon will discuss this with you and if you are suitable for the one you chose.i then had to go to murrayfield hospital to see the surgeon there as i had chosen duodenal switch but had to do after diet for three weeks before i saw him to prove i could do it. then he gave me my date which was 3 1/2 weeks ago and i am very sore but will never regret it :) hope that helps (or just confused you more )xx

thank you angie that has helped and it did not confuse me which is unusal for me as i get confused very easy lol im thinking im gonna b waiting for about 18mths before i maybe get any op does that sound about the right time scale x

i was three months after first appt , has your pct approved the op funding and that why you had group session, as i say it's so different at every hospital and i didn't have aponea test or anything they said i was low risk so all went smoothly but i can't see what you weigh and if you have aponea or anything else, i was 21st 4lb this time last year and was 19st 7lb when i went in sept now am 16st 4lb xx my diabetes has gone and i haven't had any medication for it at all since op. :)

hiya un im not sure about the funding part they never said anything about it . i was 19stone 6lb at the group session i have very mild sleep apnoea and im a diabetic well done you on your weight loss im hoping my diabetes goes in time fingers crossed x

they may want to do a sleep test if you definitely have it so that could delay things a little but i feel pretty sure you're not going to be 18 months :)if you had funding agreed you usually get a letter from pct it might be worth asking your doctor for their number then you can definitely check or ask if he's heard anything and you've just missed the letter :)

thank you your advice has made me feel much better and i will defo get intouch with the doctor n see about the funding part just hope i can stick to the diet n lose some before op x

good luck and keep me posted i don't always come on here everyday but will look out for update xx take care

thank you angie and i will keep you posted xxx im glad i came on here its made me feel a lot better thank you anna i will try n not beat myself up about the diet n just do me best xxx

hi jane when i went to meeting i asked how long it would take for opp from that day and they said it varies eairlist they said would be 1 year from that date which i was guttered about my sister is getting the same opp she is bigger than i am and she goes to get her diet in jan from the hospital think its been a year for her then but they have canceled her appointment once also i know the doctor told me that they have double the amount of people they normally have at sunderland for wls but fingers crossed we dont need to wait too long i keep daydreaming about wearing skinny clothes how cheap it is going to be lol xx

well i hope the year flys past mrscinders as im the same as you day dreaming all the new clothes i can wear n have more fun doing things with the kids instead feeling tired all the time x

ohh i know i carnt wait just reading and seeing all the peoples updates on this forum after their surgery makes me happy im so excited x

welcome to the forum hun. The weighting list i think depends on funding, the hospital and the area you live in. from start to the operation date i had to weigt about two and half years... but i had my op in charing cross hospital in london and i live in Milton keynes.. so waited longer for that hospital xx

Back