• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mel1927

Hi, just want to say hello.

my name is Mel and I hav struggled a long time with my weight.
my surgery was on 8th May, I had a sleeve. I am now 5 days post surgery.

I am in a lot of pain, mostly sharp stabbing pains which move around. I cant decide if it is gas or constipation (still not been to loo). Would love any advice please?

Hi Mel!

Welcome to the sleeve bench :) I had mine just two days before you.

You may be constipated indeed, have you taken anything? I suffered the opposite! Are you drinking enough fluids? Hope you feel better soon!! Xxx

Hi Banana19,
i haven't taken anything cos i didnt know if i could. i rang the hospital today and they told me not to. i just have to increase pureed fruit.

i havent spoken to anyone yet who had this much pain.... i guess i was just scared.

i dont think i am drinking enough but am gonna try harder

Mel x

Hi Mel and welcome

I had a bypass rather than a sleeve and am not sure about the recovery process for a sleeve but hope everything eases for you soon x

Hi Mel,

I haven't had an op yet and I'm having a bypass, but I wanted to welcome you and wish you well. Hopefully your pain subsides.

xx

I would stick with their advice hun, I know you can get liquid laxatives but best check with them.

Have they given you anything for the pain? Is it surgical sites or internal pain?xx

Hello and welcome Mel!

Hi mel, I'm a pre-op i've just started the process, I'm hoping for a bypass...sorry to hear you're in pain, I hope the pain passes soon xxx

hi and welcome i am bypassed not sure on sleeve but could be wind or constipation as you say i would ask gp for something to take might ease it

Back