• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Okombo peace

Hi ya all am new to the site saw dietician tday she advised that I need to loose weight b4 being considered for surgery. I am really concerned and scared I won't loose enough any tips please.

Hello and welcome.
It depends what the system is where you are really. I got referred to the WLS pathway because my GP had plenty of evidence I had tried to lose weight before with both slimming clubs, calorie counting and orlistat all while being monitored by them. This is sometimes called tier 2. That meant I got referred to tier 3 which was education about healthy diets and WLS with various appointments I had to attend before getting to the stage, tier 4, of being referred to see the surgeon. I wasn't given a weight loss goal as part of the process but I know some people are. Tier 3 took 18 months or so, it's normally a year but the provider changed part way through. Do you know where abouts in the systems your area uses you are? If you are already under a doctor perhaps they want you to lose something before agreeing to surgery?

hey. I will be attending homerton in June. what did they say you needed to do. if you don't mind me asking what is your current bmi?. I'm trying to get as much information so I'm ready for my 1st appointment. did they mention tier 3 to you?

hi I'm also new I went to my first appointment with the dietitian on the 16th Jan I'm with luton and dunstable hospital and they have put me on a milk diet for 4 weeks I also had blood test taken that day they said to me 3 tier and will be twelve months he also said that he wants me to see the anethatist and I got that appointment today for 27th of Feb and I see obesity nurse on the 14th of Feb. I would like to know what takes 12 months please

hi I'm also new I went to my first appointment with the dietitian on the 16th Jan I'm with luton and dunstable hospital and they have put me on a milk diet for 4 weeks I also had blood test taken that day they said to me 3 tier and will be twelve months he also said that he wants me to see the anethatist and I got that appointment today for 27th of Feb and I see obesity nurse on the 14th of Feb. I would like to know what takes 12 months please
All the appointments you have, other people's appointments and waiting lists! Mine took 22 from start to finish. :(

Hi and welcome x

Back