• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NO: 2's

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Sorry for this subject. Before my Bypass I used to have around 2 bowel movements per day. but now it's about once a week, and I'm a little concerned about it. is this normal??? :eek::(

I used to be a 2-3 times a day as well. Now its 2-3 times a week. I would say you need a liitle help, can you eat oranges? I find they help, if not the whole fruit (extra fibre) then at least the juice with perhaps a bit a water to dilute slightly. Much better than chemical laxatives.
HTH

its all about quantity going in....:D

Logic really, just make sure you have loads of water to keep them soft or you might end up needing piles cream :eek:

I used to go every day until after my op. I find I have to take something to help me go now. Even tho I drink lots all day.

Jo
xx

I'm the same. Dr gave me Movacol but without much help.

Iron tables cause constipation. But the same as others have said, if there's not a lot going in, it can't come out!

I'm terribly constipated too. Big hard black ones, maybe twice a week. Drinking more, getting worried now about the accompanying discomfort.

Perhaps I've been lucky, (or perhaps I just eat too much lol!) but I've been just as regular since the op, going everyday without problems. I do drink a lot, have a high fibre diet and always eat plenty of fruit and veg tho so perhaps that helps.

Cuppa xx

I think I'm one of the lucky ones too as I've had no real problems. I do try to eat plenty of fruit and veg for bulk, and always get at least 2l of fluids (although it is coffee mostly with a little water)

If your diet is low fibre you can add fibresure or benefibre to a drink which should help.

I haven't started eating fruit yet, but I'm drinking fruit juice and water like you wouldn't believe. might try that fibogel stuff.

are you back on normal food yet kim?

It took me a while to tolerate fruit. Bananas were easiest, and very ripe pears go down well. Now I also tolerate grapes and pineapple well, but strangely if I have an apple I cant manage the skin.

Veg should be OK though. Just try to slowly increase the quantity you can manage. x

I've had the same problems post op. I started making fruit smoothies as fruit and fruit juice has always had a laxative effect on me. It helped but since i started the iron i've been having problems again. Getting a bit fed up with it to be honest !!

sounds like i have something to look forward too lol x:(

You just wait til it gets impacted :( Get on it now with fibre rich foods and figs and prunes etc...Movicol doesnt help me at all so its natural senna, glycerin suppositories etc!

Good luck! Its awful x

I used to go all the time, now it's prob 3 times a week.I have just got some senna tablets from health rack, as someone recommended them:D:D

oh dear... this seems to be such a common problem. I used to go about 3 times a day (sometimes more :ashamed0005:); but now, it's once or twice a week. i followed advice and took senna for a whole week as it's supposed to encourage your body to become regular, but nothing. i do have to ocassionally use a laxitive - but hate using them.

Just a note of warning, bananas tend to bind me when i have a dodgy stomach so might not be great for getting you to go!

Good luck with the pooping Kim, hope you get it sorted x

Terrible wind after all the suppositories, senna etc!

:(

Back