• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quorn

Jaybo78

Half the man i used to be
I never had a problem with quorn products before surgery but now when ever I have it I feel iffy! Not sick or stomach cramps which may be dumping, but just iffy making me recoil from the taste of it, sorry quite hard to describe but just wondered if anyone else gets this? I'm aware that quorn can make people nauseous and sick or other allergic reactions due to its protein structure and was a bit curious to whether this is made worse or more likely after gastric surgery. Either way this is the 3rd and final time I'm going to eat quorn :sign0137:

Ive found that since my surgery there are loads of things that I used to enjoy that I just can't stomach anymore. I've found pink grapefruit, which I've always loved, gives me a very dodgy tummy now. It's all a case of trial and error i guess... Hope you find something else to replace the Quorn that you enjoy.

As a veggie I use quorn regularly to get a protein hit. Is it all types or just one that makes you feel iffy? I don't like the 'chicken pieces' because of the colour or texture, but am fine with the mince, sausages and other product range. I find other similar alternatives make me feel sick when they didn't used to - Linda McCartney stuff is a no-no and so is a supermarket own brand. Funny old things these pouches!! Trial and error, hope you get there in the end x

Back