• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ok - So when am i going to feel normal??

clar01

I'm 4 days post op and feeling so light headed, dizzy and sleepy. Generally not myself.

I watched so many programmes and read so many stories pre op and everyone seemed to feel well within two weeks, which seems impossible to me at the moment!

It might be the pain meds making me dizzy, combined with the fact I can only drink/eat around 100ml of soup etc at a time!

When will I feel normal!?!?! Xxx

Takes at least a week to see big change but even then still very tiring, but could well be the meds, if you don't improve then seek medical advice. xx

I know exactly how you feel! I'm 3 days post op and feel no better. Sore, windy and only managing about 300ml of water/squash a day.

Yeah you are going to have to write off this week and possibly next. It's takes considerable time for you to recover from the anaesthetic alone not to mention all the work you've had done inside. Take it as easy as possible, you should take little walks to keep everything moving and help your wind pain but when you aren't taking your gentle walks you should be resting. You will find you you need much more sleep than normal as it helps you heal. So nice early nights might help you feel a little better too. Don't worry feeling this way is normal at this stage, you will be surprise how much better you feel after a week and even more so after 2 weeks. Fluid intake is always really hard in the beginning. You just have to keep sipping away and it build up over time. You will get there, this stage just takes time and patience. After this bit it's all must easier to deal with :) x

You've just had a major operation. Give yourself time to recover from it. You need rest and recouperation now for a couple of weeks. No lifting, no pushing the hoover, no washing up (especially no washing up tell your partner lol)

Just take it easy and you'll soon feel better, it improves a bit each day. Just keep your fluids up, milk is good.

Kate x

I started to feel human again at almost 2 weeks post op, now I'm just over the 2 weeks I'm feeling even better but stil get tired easily. It all takes time, your body healing, your body getting used to your new eating habits and your head coming to terms with the huge changes your body is going though!
Hope you start to feel better soon.
Em xxxx

Thanks guys, still feeling lightheaded but slightly less tired!
Have lost 14lbs in just under a week so that makes the wooziness all worth it!

it took me two weeks to feel slightly normal and not need to sleep for an hour after even just getting showered/changed! then when i went back to work after 7 weeks i had another couple of weeks of tiredness while i got used to being out all day and not having afternoon naps lol im 5 months out now and feel completely normal, well actually better than what normal was before the op.

youll be fine :)

Thanks for posting this question, I've been worrying about this. My op is 28 September and I've only got two weeks off work (luckily I only work three days a week). I've also got small children so I hope I'm feeling better around the two week mark rather than the two month mark!

I've got four half day courses for work up in London (only an hour by train) 4 weeks after my op I hope I'm well enough for those too!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how long it takes you to recover lol

Back