• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Palpitations!

didi

:confused:Advice please

I'm sure this is purely due to low energy levels but if I do anything vaguely strenuous like climbing more than a few stairs I can go very light headed and/or get palpitations. Not every time but it is making me feel a bit peculiar at times. I feel fine in myself, just generally tired all the time which I presume is normal for this stage.

I'm drinking reasonably well, maybe not as much as I should if I'm honest but certainly an adequate amount so I don't think I'm dehydrated and I'm eating much better than I should be for this stage post-op, probably because my surgery was revision and I'm sure the pouch they've left me with is much bigger than most peoples as I'm already eating semi solid food 2 weeks out without any problems.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated even if just to allay my fears that this will gradually go away with time. I check my BP at home and it's fine.

Yes definatley get the gp to check blood pressure. But you must also measure how much fluid you are drinking. I felt a bit dizzy a couple of times and realised I hadn't had enough to drink. I have to have 2-3 litres a day.

Hope your feeling better soon.
Jeanx

Hi Didi

I did read on here somewhere that some post oppers experience this but like everything else it is always good to seek medical opinion.

Hope it clears soon

Hi,

I had my bypass on the 10th Oct and I get tired and a bit dizzy too, I think its cos Im not eating enough and recovering from surgery etc. Mr Ammori said to watch out for palpatations it can be a symptom of other problems. You're probably completely fine but might be worth speaking to your GP/WLS team.

xx

Yeah, i agree...
See your GP, better to be safe than sorry, as they say..
Take Care. x

Yep check it out, but don't panic, every time I've lost a lot of weight rapidly I've felt very feak and weable, I'd put money on that being the cause. But go find out for sure

Back