• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omelette Woes

_Rock_

(RNY- 12 weeks post-op)

Had a small omelette in the canteen at work today, and I have been sick as a dog all afternoon.

I only had a quarter of it, about 6 small mouthfuls, when I felt it was stuck. I thought I got it all up the first time in the loo, but 10 mins later that awful trapped wind/indigestion/stuck feeling swept over me, and I got more up. Since then I have felt sick twice more, done lots of retching, but nothing comes up except digestive foam.

Feeling like another coming on now, any tips?

Rock

Oh dear, hope it has passed now :wave_cry: Can you normally eat eggs? Is this your first omelette? Lots of people struggle with eggs one day & are fine the next. It is a good source of protein so I wouldn't let it put you off ... just don't try at work next time :( It's all trial & error I guess :( xx

Eggs can get stuck and hard to digest post op.I can only manage yolks!

it could be how they made the omelette hun, they would of put full fat milk in it and probably full fat butter.. so dont let it put you off eggs.... try an egg another day, but maybe not an omlette you havnt made yourself xx

My first solid meal was an omelette mate and like you it was straight in and straight out. I couldn't manage eggs for nearly two years but I'm fine with them now. Go back to them in a few weeks and try again, just keep the bucket handy x

I struggle with omelettes, I have yet to eat a whole one, I can enjoy poached & scrambled eggs & even a frittata ( oven baked omelette) but an omelette no matter what I add in or leave out is a guaranteed no no. I've yet to try boiled but was never a big fan of them other than chopped with mayo in a sandwich.

I still can't do eggs at 19 months out.
I am hoping that I will be like Karlos and be able to eat eggs at 2 years out.

I am 13 weeks post op and havent been able to tolerate eggs.

havent tried them since 5 weeks in bit too scared too :)

Its trial and error i think go back to it later x

Yes, this was the first time I had tried an omelette. I have tried scrambled eggs before, in fact they were my first solid food post-op. Scrambled was fine for a couple of weeks, then it got stuck one day, don't know why, made it exactly the same way, and ate it the same way, slowly, and with plenty of chewing. :(

I think I will avoid canteen omelettes in future, as one respondent pointed out, it could have anything in there besides eggs.

Back to Peking Soup for me at the nearby Asian restaurant, that has always gone down beautifully :)

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Rock

how many eggs do you use when you make an ommelett, im not a big fan of them, never have been.... but i have been having scramble egg... well i did monday and tuesday and that was ok and stayed down. would scrambling an egg help instead of having it as an omlette?

I have managed eggs post op sleeve. When they are cooking I mix in a bit of Philadelphia light to keep them moist which then helps them go down ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I do one ordinary egg or two of our own bantam eggs if I am having bacon with it or putting cheese in. On its own I may occasionally use two but often that's to much scrambled or omelette. Poached with toast & tomato sauce again one is better for me than two unless I have one piece of toast with two bantam eggs.

Back