• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! I've just received my letter to book op!!!

hodgey03

Please help. I've just got my letter to book my gastric band but I have a dilemma. Should I book it before or after Christmas? I can't go into hospital until after the 20 Nov anyway cos my parents are away. If I have it done before Christmas, I have 3 kids and don't want to be ill, (how long to recover?) plus it'll be my last Christmas and new year celebrations (dinner, chocolates and wine!) BUT if I do have a massive blow out for Christmas, will it make my liver massive and make the op dangerous? I know I'll be put on the dreaded milk diet but will that shrink my liver enough if I go mad at Christmas? What would you do? And I smoke! omg, will I die? sorry i'm rambling.

Also, I had my gallstones out and when I came round I had a drain and when they took it out it was unbelievable pain, will i have a drain? and a catheter? omg a catheter! will i have one? do they hurt? how much pain will i have from the op? tell me everything!

THANK YOU

gOING FOR A FAG!

hiya hodgey, firstly congratulations on getting an option as to when you have the op lol i too have three children so dint want to be ill over christmas and the job i do christmas is a very busy time , but iv waited for this op for so long i was greatfull of any date lol but to be honest i thought it might have been after xmas which would have made things easier but i didnt get a choice , i just see it as an early christmas pressie and if id have waited till after id prob be 2 stone heavier ! you need to do what is best for you and your family if you get the choice and you booking the date will at least give you control over what happens when x good luck with your journey

Hi

First of all congratulations and second - calm down lol.

If I were you I would book the op for before xmas. You should feel much better within a week of the surgery so if you book it for early december you will be feeling fine by xmas and wont have to worry about how many pounds you have put on over the festive period!.

Good luck!

Ring them See what the time scale is for having the operation get someinformation.
I had the bypass and not sure how the band works with pre op diets etc, others will though.
I was also told that smokers needed to give up smoking 2 weeks before. I managed it 6 months before by using champix, seek help from your Gp I' sure they can help you.
I was'nt exspecting my operation untill feb 2010 but got a phone call saying how you fixed for next monday! I couldv'e fainted no christmas dinner no last treat nothing, the operation meant more to me than the last meal. I knew No matter what I could eat that my operation was worth it , it was the best christmas pressie I couldv'e asked for and so glad I had it now too.
You make the choices.
I didn;t have a catheter after my bypass.
Just saline drip and morphine driver which I didn't really need.
My pain was minimal more uncomfortable.
Good luck x x x

Hi Hodgey

Congratulations :)

Ok I agree with Debbie GO RING THEM and secondly I agree with Debbie (yes again lol) Champix the wonderdrug as I call it made me kick the habit about 3 years ago!

If you are cathatarised it is usually while you are asleep and is also removed before you wake, at least mine was (byapss) and didnt feel a thing.

If I was in your position, I would chose to have it done sooner rather than later if you can.

Good luck Xx

Thanks everyone for your replies. In the end, I didn't have a choice. I rang them and they said 'Come in on the 23 Nov, have it done on the 24. O.M.G. I. can't. believe. it.

Wooohooo Congratulations!!!
Good luck I look forward to watching you progress x x

Brilliant xx

Oh my god that's so exciting hun!! Lots of time to get better before xmas!! I bet you're grinning from ear to ear at the moment!!! Congrats!!!

xxxxxxxxx

Oh what a lovely christmas present for you......Good luck & best wishes

Back