• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

op to remove loose skin

Tonibones10

Im Finally Getting There!
I know I'm years away yet but my hospital have said under no circumstances will they fund an op for excess skin removal I was just wondering if anyone was gettin there's done on the nhs or funding yourself and how much its costing if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering how long I'm going to have to save HahA Xx Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Last edited:
mines has said they have an arrangement with plastics but there is a criteria you have to adhere to as well lost at least 50%of excess weight and to maintained for a year which i reckon would be arround 2 years after your op

but i have started a savings tin just in case

Last edited:
drylaw said:
mines has said they have an arrangement with plastics but there is a criteria you have to adhere to as well lost at least 50%of excess weight and to maintained for a year which i reckon would be arround 2 years after your op

but i have started a savings tin just in case

Thank you, mine have said that's what they used to do and it may change back if the money crisis changes but for now they won't do it which is a pain but hopefully in a few years I can get saving for it Xx

How many people have needed that kind of op cos I know some don't Xx

I am hoping i wont need to have surgery although i will i know defo have lots of flabby skin... but im hopeing i am able to cope with it without having surgery.
I guess until we reach the weights we get to we wont know x

Raynebubble said:
I am hoping i wont need to have surgery although i will i know defo have lots of flabby skin... but im hopeing i am able to cope with it without having surgery.
I guess until we reach the weights we get to we wont know x

That's true I'm hoping having dealt with so much extra fat for so long I can cope with extra skin just depends how bad it is but I'm going to have to fund it myself if I need it just wanna know how much it costs lol Xx

i have no idea how much it costs but its not cheap... hope someone knows the answer and comes along soon... or you can look it up on google and see how much these private clinics charge... they normal give a rough estimate on there websites x

I think even if I have loose skin I will be ok with it as I really don't want any more ops, would of loved my boobs done (made bigger) but will now be happy with what Iv got lol. X

suzie290304 said:
I think even if I have loose skin I will be ok with it as I really don't want any more ops, would of loved my boobs done (made bigger) but will now be happy with what Iv got lol. X

I don't mind having abit of loose skin but it depends if its painfully bad cos some people have lost it so quick there skin hasn't had chance and its painful I don't think ad bother about boobs either lol Xx

Raynebubble said:
i have no idea how much it costs but its not cheap... hope someone knows the answer and comes along soon... or you can look it up on google and see how much these private clinics charge... they normal give a rough estimate on there websites x

Yeah I will google it thank you x

Ye especially if people are getting sores and infections I can understand why people want it done. I would love it but I'm too much of a wimp, it took alot of courage for me to go for sleeve. Also another factor is I might have more children some day as I'm only 27 and think they like you to have finished having your family for tummy tuck. X

suzie290304 said:
Ye especially if people are getting sores and infections I can understand why people want it done. I would love it but I'm too much of a wimp, it took alot of courage for me to go for sleeve. Also another factor is I might have more children some day as I'm only 27 and think they like you to have finished having your family for tummy tuck. X

Ah well I'd love more children so I am probably best just hoping its not too bad Haha Xx

I lost 17 stone 10 (and regained weight - hence the op) and had really bad loose skin, which naturally I hated.
Having regained weight and in the process lost confidence, energy and a bit of mobility I'd have the skin back in a heartbeat!
Clever dressing and supportive undies is where I'm heading. I couldn't deal with any more surgery (this may change in future, but 6 days after the RNY I'm fairly certain it's a 'No')

You guys are much younger than me and it probably matters more xx

Good luck with your journeys!

Dinda said:
I lost 17 stone 10 (and regained weight - hence the op) and had really bad loose skin, which naturally I hated.
Having regained weight and in the process lost confidence, energy and a bit of mobility I'd have the skin back in a heartbeat!
Clever dressing and supportive undies is where I'm heading. I couldn't deal with any more surgery (this may change in future, but 6 days after the RNY I'm fairly certain it's a 'No')

You guys are much younger than me and it probably matters more xx

Good luck with your journeys!

It's not for how it looks that I'm worried about its sores and things like that but I've got years till I get to deciding if I need it yet I just want to know how much it is lol trying to Google Xx

Ny hospital made me sign a form saying I would not ask for plastics. I have been told if I get bad sores my GP can send me to another hospital so it may take time but it is possible to get but only under medical need in our PCT.
I had the op so I could have children so I don't want plastics as no point doing a tummy tuck just to stretch it. Also boob jobs can cause a problem with brest feeding so I am happy with the skin.
Saying that hubby said if I want any work done we can save but after having the RNY I would like to avoid having any other op.......

I don't know if it does help but light weights are meant to tone you so that is what I am doing. I have got wrist and ankle weights to have on when i am doing house work or out for a walk.
Good luck x

witchingmoon said:
Ny hospital made me sign a form saying I would not ask for plastics. I have been told if I get bad sores my GP can send me to another hospital so it may take time but it is possible to get but only under medical need in our PCT.
I had the op so I could have children so I don't want plastics as no point doing a tummy tuck just to stretch it. Also boob jobs can cause a problem with brest feeding so I am happy with the skin.
Saying that hubby said if I want any work done we can save but after having the RNY I would like to avoid having any other op.......

I don't know if it does help but light weights are meant to tone you so that is what I am doing. I have got wrist and ankle weights to have on when i am doing house work or out for a walk.
Good luck x

That's 1 reason why I'm having the op too so I will just wait and see :) Xx

It's not for how it looks that I'm worried about its sores and things like that but I've got years till I get to deciding if I need it yet I just want to know how much it is lol trying to Google Xx

you look quite young so your skin should be quite elastic, as you age the skin looses elastin and collagen and thats when the dreaded droop happens! belgium prague and poland are popular for plastics, UK is expensive. always get a referal from docs if uk, as ANYONE can practise in this country but in europe they have to be qualified ( i think)

kate thomson said:
you look quite young so your skin should be quite elastic, as you age the skin looses elastin and collagen and thats when the dreaded droop happens! belgium prague and poland are popular for plastics, UK is expensive. always get a referal from docs if uk, as ANYONE can practise in this country but in europe they have to be qualified ( i think)

Yeah I'm only 22 so just crossing my fingers for now but if I need it I probably would go abroad everything to do with this op seems dearer here xx

I was given a very rough guide of about £2500 for plastic surgery for excess skin removal by the private uk hospital I had my sleeve done. I went through Nhs for sleeve who paid private hospital but Nhs said right from start that them funding any surgery for excess skin would most definitely NOT be an option! Hope this helps :)

homer007 said:
I was given a very rough guide of about £2500 for plastic surgery for excess skin removal by the private uk hospital I had my sleeve done. I went through Nhs for sleeve who paid private hospital but Nhs said right from start that them funding any surgery for excess skin would most definitely NOT be an option! Hope this helps :)

Thank you that helps loads my hospital have said said they won't fund it so I need to know how much to save in the future if needed :D thanks a lot hun Xx

Back