• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op tomorrow!!!

Thump

Freaking out a little bit...

The driver is picking me up between 9:30 and 10am tomorrow. I haven't packed yet but I bought some cotton undies, a new robe and nightie and slippers.

I hope I'm ready. I think I am. I can't believe I only made up my mind in April, paid, got a date and now it's here! It's gone so fast and I admit I hardly gave it any thought in the intervening time!

But I've been overweight my whole life and I'm getting close to 30 and I want to know what it's like to be young and fit before its too late and I can't make it on my own...

I'm keeping my eyes on my first mini-goal which is to be slimmer than I was last august when I go see my family this August. Shouldn't be too hard, considering :D

Eeeeeeeeek! I'm all jittery and scarexcited!

good luck xxx

Good luck Thump, you will be fine :) xxx

Good luck!! This is your time! :)

Thanks guys. I have to say the thought of being able to have soups is keeping me going. I love milk but I could do with a little more variety lol. Got me a bunch of different dried soups and still have two tubs of slimfast shakes powders from my last diet...

It's gonna feel really luxurious!

Lots of luck, and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Em xxxx

good luck wishing you a speedy recovery

Good luck! let us know how you get on :) x

Good Luck, I wish I had done it when I was your age. Keep positive, its so exciting. Look forward so hearing from you soon. :)

I'm packing now. Undies, slippers, robe, nighty... Anything I'm forgetting? Will I really need these things? I saw it listed on another thread.

good luck Thump, this is the beginning of your new life!! Just think, this time next year you could be faxing yourself on holiday lol xx PS try buying the boo "Return to Slender" its got some fab recipes in for post surgery . All the best xx

I've heard about that book. It seemed interesting. I checked the website and it's on the list of many books to consider :)

Right, all packed up, the cat has a pile of dry food that should last him at least three days (just in case) and easy access to more. The risk is in him eating it all on the first day and I come back to a cat more stuffed than the Christmas goose.

I feel bad leaving him alone but I know he can handle it, I've left him weekends before. I just know I'm going to be more worried about the cat than for myself...

The drive should be interesting, I get motion sickness. I've got chewable pills for the return but I'm not taking them there because they sedate me and I don't want it to interfere with the anaesthesia so... Good thing I've only had water since 11pm... Much easier to er... You know.

I think I hear the car so thanks for the good luck wishes! I'll see you all on the other side!

I've started a thread in the diaries section to give a play-by-play account of my last few hours as a hopeless fatty :D

It's the I hear sheep one. Dunno how to link to it.

Back