• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT - Bathroom Scales

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
I have some of those Lloyds digital scales and 2 weeks ago I purchased the Salter manual ones which go to 21st.

Both sets of scales arnt giving me accurate readings not even near to it compared to my dr's or the hospitals. :(

The other day the digital ones were like +7lbs out from the hospital and the salter ones were +1 stone out. :cry:

Has anyone who weighs or used to weigh around 20 stone use any that are accurate or 1lb either side of the dr's or hospitals:confused:

I probably need ones that can weigh up to 30 stone before getting a near enough accurate reading?

I don't go out much, probably once every 2 or 3 weeks if I have to (depressed etc) other wise I would go to boots to get weighed as I used to do many years ago. The nearest to us though is 4 or 5 miles away!

If I don't get to know if I am losing I can see myself giving up this diet I have been on for nearly 2 weeks. :eek:

mine at home weight -7lb than the surgeons ones !!:eek: Going to see what the difference is on Tues at the pre op

i think nhs scales are callaberated 7llb heavier to scare ppl into dieting harder, its the same here at my gp's and the hospital, its a scam !

Its hard to get scales to match im afraid. This is the problem but I find that if you weigh yourself on one set only and keep weighing yourself on the same day of the week you will find that whatever the change will be what you have lost. Dont worry about the docs scales as you probably have your clothes on and it may be a differnt time of the day. All scales will register different weights.
I weigh myself on the wii fit board. This seems to be very acurate!
HTH xx

I've had a pair of salter mechanical ones for years, they look just like the big ones in doctors surgeries. they were fairly expensive compared to the ones you can get in argos/asda etc but have only ever measured me a couple of pounds (if that) different from docs/ww etc. Maybe try putting the ones you have on a board/tile etc as the floor might be a bit uneven, meaning you won't get as good a reading (this is especially true for digital ones, I think).
Good luck and don't give up, it'll all be worth it in the end!
Shona x

Hi Julie, what i do is weigh myself on my own scales and keep a check (write it down) on the weight loss myself and then you will know if you keep to the same scales. The 'weight loss' should be the same as the docs even if the weight is different. Hope you keep losing but don't give up cause you will regret it!!

Take care

Morning PinkDaisy,
I was wondering if someone would mention these. I looked at them in the argos catalogue yesterday. I didn't want to order them just yet as I wanted to see if anyone on here was using them. :D

I bought these years ago and they are soooo accurate, ive been to weight watchers meetings, slimming world, doctors, hospital and their always within a pound or two max difference. But normally spot on!

Buy Weight Watchers® Heavy Duty Precision Electronic Scale. at Argos.co.uk

Ive had them about 3 yrs they are fab!

Morning Anez,
I've been keeping a food & weight diary. I weigh myself every morning, I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself. :rolleyes: x

Hi Julie, what i do is weigh myself on my own scales and keep a check (write it down) on the weight loss myself and then you will know if you keep to the same scales. The 'weight loss' should be the same as the docs even if the weight is different. Hope you keep losing but don't give up cause you will regret it!!

Take care

julie they are fantastic, mine are filthy and looking a bit tired but i wudnt change them they are great, the whole family uses them lol

Morning Shona,

I have them in the kitchen, it's a new floor which is level.

I think I just have rubbish scales that give me a different reading each time I step on them. :rolleyes: x

I've had a pair of salter mechanical ones for years, they look just like the big ones in doctors surgeries. they were fairly expensive compared to the ones you can get in argos/asda etc but have only ever measured me a couple of pounds (if that) different from docs/ww etc. Maybe try putting the ones you have on a board/tile etc as the floor might be a bit uneven, meaning you won't get as good a reading (this is especially true for digital ones, I think).
Good luck and don't give up, it'll all be worth it in the end!
Shona x

mine are digital one, not sure of make ill have a look later. I always put them on the same tile in my bathroom and use that weight. they always face the same diection too lol and Im usually neked :sign0137: as I do it before I get in the shower, Ill keep the 2lb difference for clothes as Im not stripping for no one lol

I'm not going to buy scales myself, just going to keep a tab when I go to WLSG for my follow up appointments. I'm not really concerned about how much I weigh, I'll be measuring myself and watch the inches come off. :)

I do the same as you elffie :D x

mine are digital one, not sure of make ill have a look later. I always put them on the same tile in my bathroom and use that weight. they always face the same diection too lol and Im usually neked :sign0137: as I do it before I get in the shower, Ill keep the 2lb difference for clothes as Im not stripping for no one lol

Hi Hayley,
I have got to lose 5-10% of weight before the consultant at Heartlands hospital will refer me on to the Surgeons. As soon as I know I have lost the 5% I want to phone them and tell the and get a cancellation appointment. I only get weighed once a month at the hospital in the weight management clinic and have another 3 weeks to go for my 2nd weigh in, I'm hoping to lose this 5% by next weekend. :D

Once I have the surgery I think I can cope with the waiting, but at the moment the waiting is killing me. :eek: x

I'm not going to buy scales myself, just going to keep a tab when I go to WLSG for my follow up appointments. I'm not really concerned about how much I weigh, I'll be measuring myself and watch the inches come off. :)

I have some Tanita scales that are exactly the same as when I got weighed at Heartlands.

I bought these years ago and they are soooo accurate, ive been to weight watchers meetings, slimming world, doctors, hospital and their always within a pound or two max difference. But normally spot on!

Buy Weight Watchers® Heavy Duty Precision Electronic Scale. at Argos.co.uk

Ive had them about 3 yrs they are fab!

i have these scales too, couldn't possibly comment on the accuracy from a personal point of view at the mo cos i'm heavier than they'll measure :cry:!! but in a few months i'll be ok ;)

Back