• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Our 1st Night Out

djbp98

Wants to crunch
I was banded Monday and last night was a friends 40th. I was a bit scared as it was a meal out which had been planned before I had my op date. There was no need to worry tho, Bertha Band behaved herself very well! I had a word with the head waitress when we went in, and just said that I'd recently had stomach surgery and couldn't eat solids so if I bought a glass of milk could I eat my weetabix? There was no problem at all, they served my weetabix with the main course :eating: and then for pudding I had frozen yoghurt. A wicked thumbs up and massive thank you to Pizza Express in Newquay :happy036: I do have a confession tho........I did dip my finger into the garlic butter a few times and crunch a few tiny tiny pieces of garlic :hide: it was blinking lovely!

I'll second that thumbs up to the restaurant, but weetabix and garlic butter? Is there anything you want to share with the group? pmsl xx

That has to be the best restaurant around to serve you weetabix with the main course. I would write a letter of appreciation. They always get letters regarding bad service so a nice one would be really good for them. Glad you were able to enjoy your friends birthdayxx

That has to be the best restaurant around to serve you weetabix with the main course. I would write a letter of appreciation. They always get letters regarding bad service so a nice one would be really good for them. Glad you were able to enjoy your friends birthdayxx
It didn't even cross my mind to write to thank them, I thanked them loads of times on the night, I will go away now and do that. Thank you for that suggestion. The waitress on the way out invited us back to a special invitation tasting evening so that maybe I could nibble a little something by then as I'd missed out on eating that evening. I thought that was really nice of her too.
Or maybe I could just go back for the garlic butter eh :sign0151: lol

Back