• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain!

Jinjanut

Hello me again with yet another question! I have a cold at the moment and I think it had upset tummy so can't hold down anything but liquids.

I have pain on my left side where I think my pouch is. It hurts I wonder if it's sore because I have been sick again?

Xx

Hi love i hope you feel better soon..i cant help with your problem but someone should be along to help you xx

Hope you feel better soon! I had a really sharp pain 2 days post op that went up to my shoulder, turned out to be wind, walking and sipping lots of water eased it. To make sure though, maybe have it checked out.
xxx

It could be a strain from being sick I would take it easy and sip warm not hot or cold drinks till it eases and perhaps a codiene if the pain is bad

Jinjanut, please never ever not ask a question because you are worried about what we will say. If you have concerns then please ask all you wish...

I think your pouch is sore from being sick. Lets face it when we were sick pre op our tummies hurt next day, just be kind to your pouch and stick with liquids for a day or two till it feels better, if it continues ring your team xx

Hello lovely, don't feel bad asking fir help when you're suffering, that's what we're all here for.

Your pouch is situated in the centre just under your breast bone. It's right at the bottom of your oesophagus so it's not off to one side. The left side is normally where they put the big equipment like the staple gun so the wound can take longer to heal. Also the muscles there can take a while to heal after the incision. The other common causes of pain in that area are nerve damage which should correct itself after a few weeks, wind pain, and constipation. If the pain is severe or worsens or lasts longer than a couple of days then go and see your GP. In the meantime try some wind relief tablets (deflatine or windease are fine), work out whether your bowels are working properly. If you are constipated don't use senokot or over the counter laxatives as your intestines are too delicate yet to handle them. The best cure is Movicol which you can get on prescription. Try walking around and mobilising as much as possible without pushing yourself too far.

Lastly, remember you've had major surgery and the complications you suffered recently, so you need to look after yourself and take things easy.

Big ((hugs)) and hope you feel better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I think it was that I had no bowel movement for a while. As soon as I went today it is much better. I did not realize that's all it could be!

Yey! Xxxx

Great news, it's shocking what constipation can do to you! Try taking benefibre daily to help keep you regular in future. Glad it's all sorted for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back