• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on left side of tummy :(

mandym1

Hi.. I'm a bit worried I nearly 15 weeks out of suregery and have recently started having twinges of pain in my left side of my tummy. It wasnt bad enough to mention to anyone just twinges. Im now nearly 5 stone down but my weight loss has stalled. Again I wasnt too concerned as Ive had a terrible cold and not been moving much so knew this was probably the reason. I am well again now so just been to the gym and as soon as I started fast walking on the treadmill the pain got really bad taking my breathe away... Ive come home as I didnt feel well enough to use any other equipment or have my usual swim. The pain is similar to a stitch and seems to be where most of the initial pain after surgery was on the left... I havent had pain for a long time so this has come from nowhere.. My bowels are working fine too. Any ideas what could be causing it?

oh no Mandy, sorry i cant help you as im pre op, but im sure someone will come along who can, good luck :) xxx

i too am having the same problems .............i think its trapped wind .......when i massage the spot the pain goes for a while ;)

I have been getting a niggling pain deep on my left side, when resting at home at night recently, mine is near the drain hole, hope it gets better soon for you, if you have any concerns, speak to your team, or if you can't wait, go to a&e, better to be safe than sorry.

Keep us updated please.

Peterborough Guy said:
I have been getting a niggling pain deep on my left side, when resting at home at night recently, mine is near the drain hole, hope it gets better soon for you, if you have any concerns, speak to your team, or if you can't wait, go to a&e, better to be safe than sorry.

Keep us updated please.

PG i get this pain, especially if if i lie on my front them go to turn over in the night.its like a deep 'dark' pain

X

Keep us updated please.
... what's a drain hole? (no jokes ;-)) xxx

I didnt have a drain in when I woke up but teh left side was the most painful and its where my biggest scar is... I hope its nothing and will pass but it really gave me a fright x

Would I joke young lady, its the hole, where they had a drain line in, when they did my op, It collects a little amount of blood, not sure where from though lol
... eeeeeerr ..... comedian of the year :flirt2: thanks for the info tho! another thing to add to my list of wls I didn't know :D x

Hi Mandy,

If in doubt contact your team. However look back and think what have you been doing recently? Have you been lifting anything heavy? Bending a lot? It could be the internal muscles healing? The left side for most WLS patients is where during keyhole surgery most of the work is done. Although you are quite a few weeks out you could still be haling. But like everyone else has said if it persists then speak to your Team.

Wendy x

I had the same pain, it got to be excruciating and I ended up back in hospital with it, was terrified something had gone wrong but was assured by surgeon it was just trauma from op, I did'nt believe him but he was right, pain went after a couple of weeks and I havent had it since. Its definitely worth mentioning to your team though. Hope it settles down soon for you. xxx

Back