• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Peak flow test?

Jamast

Right - just read on someone elses thread about what happens during a pre-op assessment. I have regular peak flow tests for my asthma. My results are always incredibly low compared to the general population. 420 is the 'normal' reading for an adult of my height and age. However, mine reading is usually around 260 the highest it has ever reached was 280. SO my concern is; will that affect me having the operation?

I have asthma and rarely ever get past 250 my average is 200 and I had my op ok so this shouldnt affect you x

I have asthma and rarely ever get past 250 my average is 200 and I had my op ok so this shouldnt affect you x

Thank You - panicked for a few minutes lol. x

when I had my pre op she did say my peak flo was low think it was about 220 that day but I told her that was normal for me and anything past 200 was good and 250 was my best and so she was happy with that x

when I had my pre op she did say my peak flo was low think it was about 220 that day but I told her that was normal for me and anything past 200 was good and 250 was my best and so she was happy with that x

Thats good - you've definately put my mind at rest. Thanks again x

The anaesthesiologist will need to be aware and will classify your risk category. This will determine the kind of care you get post op.

The anaesthesiologist will need to be aware and will classify your risk category. This will determine the kind of care you get post op.

Thanks Yves = don't worry, I intend to tell them everything (probably more than they need to know)!!! lol x

Hello there. As long as they know ur regular peak flow and the anesthesia nurse knows about your asthma u be fine, mine was normal on the day of the op but my friends was low and they still operated but she had to wear a mask with some steriods drops in it for about 15 mins to open her airways more, so dont worry to much about that xx

Back