• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

People from Manchester

weeble

Wobbles
Hi

There seem to be a lot of people from Manchester on here - or am I imagining it.

Are there any support groups around? I know there is one at Salford Royal - although they only mentioned it briefly once. However, I was told it was main?

Thanks

W

Salford Royal support group is the first Wed of every month and its really good. You usually get a talk of some sort....maybe one of the surgeons or we had a lady talking about bra fitting etc and its held in a big meeting room and theres tea and coffees and people just mingle around talking before and after the speech. Quite a few people from here attend them :D XX

I'll have to see if I can pluck up the courage to go. I'm such a wuss about meeting new people.

I will be going to the next Salford meeting hopefully

Hi Jacqui!

Do you know if people who did not have surgery there-like say...someone like....ME (surgery in California four years ago)-are permitted to attend? I would be happy to pay a fee if they need one?

When are the meetings?

Thanks!!

Salford Royal support group is the first Wed of every month and its really good. You usually get a talk of some sort....maybe one of the surgeons or we had a lady talking about bra fitting etc and its held in a big meeting room and theres tea and coffees and people just mingle around talking before and after the speech. Quite a few people from here attend them :D XX

Im sure anyone is allowed to attend hun as theres no signing in or anything and people take friends or family with them..... I cant see it being a problem :D
Weeble Im exactly the same but it was really very relaxed....theres no stuffiness or airs and graces ;) I will hopefully be there too so you could sit with me if you like ;) XX

The Salford group is open to everyone and its usually a good meet. I wasn't operated on there but they've always made me welcome.

There is also a bi-monthly group at the Spire in Whalley Range that is a good group, and one in Ashton north Manchester each month too. If anyone want details let me know.

Look forward to seeing you guys there

Since when was there one in Ashton Karl :eek: No one told me about it! I feel left out now snifffffffff XX

It's run by Kate from the WLSinfo charity I'll let you have details of the next meet. Sally and Sue from Salford attend. Its very informal just a natter in the Sheldon Arms near that newish shopping park.

Ahh right, my son works in the Nandos there and we go to the cinema there too.....Ive not been in the Sheldon Arms though :D Thanks hunnybunch ;) XX

Thanks everyone. I hope I have the courage to attend the next one and I hope that are some other banders there.

im still trying to make arrangements to get to the salford royal one, one of these days ill make it, lol
weeble, everyone is in the same boat, or has been, so you will be made extrmely welcome i would imagine, and if our dotty is there, she'll sort u out, she'll be the loud one in a wheelchair, lol. love you loads dotty xxxxxxx

if ian is here on one of the meeting nights, we can both come on the bus, so we'll have to try and work it out somehow.

Back