• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Personal Trainer

bexmoss86

Ive just booked a series of sessions with a personal trainer. Although she explained to me what we would be doing I still dont really know what to expect.
Has anybody had any experience with a trainer? x

Sorry, I haven't but good on you for making the decision...i'm sure it will help massively towards your weightloss xx

Yes I have and it was absolutely fantastic for me as I need a push when it comes to 'proper' exercise. We used to warm up in my garden and stretch, then go for a jog, sometimes some spirring and skipping which I loved and it's knackering, and muscle exercises/push ups/sit ups etc in my lounge!!
If I could afford it I would have one all the time, but I met mine on a course and he did it cheap ;)
All the best though i'm sure you'll love it!

Thanks for the replies. I decided to get one to force me to go to the gym. Im managing twice a week on my own but I think having someone pushing me will make me work harder and speed up this annoying plateau! x

I work out with a personal trainer every Friday morning. She is amazing at pushing me and showing me what work I need to do to work on my problem areas. I also like that I am accountable to someone else every week.

I work out with a personal trainer every Friday morning. She is amazing at pushing me and showing me what work I need to do to work on my problem areas. I also like that I am accountable to someone else every week.

I think thats exactly what I need to get me off my bum. It was expensive but I think it will be worth it if I dont get as much saggy skin when im done :)

Go Bex!! Good for you sweetheart but why are you having a lady PT when there are so many hunky male ones?? Only joking I know why. You'd never get anything done because you'd be eyeing up the candy lolxx

hahaha Id be sweating but for all the wrong reasons :rolleyes:

Good for you Bex. Mine tried to kill me at our first session but it's settled down a bit now. :D

I don't use one all the time, Lee (A Gorgeous hunk of a young man, I hate him :D) wrote me a program that takes into account my dodgy knees and the fact that I simply don't have the stamina or strength that I used to :cry: and I just go off and follow it. He will call me in every four weeks to monitor my progress, and each time he sees me there he comes over to check I'm not slacking :D

This works better for me than having a trainer by my side all the time. Good for you though, getting your arse moving will defo get you off the plateau. My weight loss has had a real spurt since joining the gym, I've gone from losing three pounds every two weeks or so, to three pounds a week again. I cannot see it continuing for too long; but hay I'll take it as long as it lasts :cool:

Good luck baby xxx

Last year our doctor send five of us down to the gym for sessions with a personal trainer. It didn't really work out for me because I was just in too much pain most of the time to do it but I could see the obvious advantages and wish I could do it now.

Good for you Bex. Mine tried to kill me at our first session but it's settled down a bit now. :D

I don't use one all the time, Lee (A Gorgeous hunk of a young man, I hate him :D) wrote me a program that takes into account my dodgy knees and the fact that I simply don't have the stamina or strength that I used to :cry: and I just go off and follow it. He will call me in every four weeks to monitor my progress, and each time he sees me there he comes over to check I'm not slacking :D

This works better for me than having a trainer by my side all the time. Good for you though, getting your arse moving will defo get you off the plateau. My weight loss has had a real spurt since joining the gym, I've gone from losing three pounds every two weeks or so, to three pounds a week again. I cannot see it continuing for too long; but hay I'll take it as long as it lasts :cool:

Good luck baby xxx

Thanks for that, I dont think I can afford to have a session every week for the rest of the year never mind month so if she writes me a program that I can follow on my own that would be great. I need to get my butt moving cause at the moment I do 15 mins on this machine, 10 minutes on that and I rarely get sweaty! Feel the buuuuurrrn

Last year our doctor send five of us down to the gym for sessions with a personal trainer. It didn't really work out for me because I was just in too much pain most of the time to do it but I could see the obvious advantages and wish I could do it now.

Could you not see your doc again and request that free gym membership they always go on about? Your doing really well anyway :D

I think its exercise on pescription your talking about, a lot of surgerys are being pro active so ask your gp you may be able to still get it free xx

Ive just got back from my first PT session and I think shes broken my legs. Im sooo unfit i didn't even realise. Im just gonna have to man up

Back