• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Phase 3 help needed please!

Toni Osborn

Hi guys and girls, I had my surgery just over 2 weeks ago and am just going on to phase 3 introducing mushed foods, so far all I have had is weetabix and I must admit I'm scared and unsure as to what else to have. I am scared of experiencing dumping and being uncomfortable. I'm not very good at the whole cooking malarkey so really struggling!

If anyone at all has any good suggestions to help me keep my protein levels up and help me get more meals in (as I am only managing 3 maybe 4 which isn't enough) the help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hey.

First of all, welcome to the losers bench.

Secondly try things like fish pie, shepherds pie, mince, mash and baked beans (mashed up) cheesy mash.

I was told at this stage not to worry too much about protein, that will come once you can eat proper food.

Hope this helps

minced chicken/minced meats with extra gravy/flaked fish with sauce/omelettes/cottage pie/baked beans mashed up/sugar free custard/sweet potato/mashed carrots swedes parsnips
those were roughly the things I was allowed to have but mostly had cottage/shepards pie and custards!

Thank you ladies, I never thought I would be scared to eat but I genuinely am. I had some instant mash with some spaghetti mashed together last night took me ages to eat it but went down ok and thank fully didn't make me sick.

This whole process is so much harder mentally than I thought trying to get my head around it all ready for when I go back to work next week.

This may sound like a silly question but did anyone ever have jars of baby food are we allowed them? I'm just thinking ahead about when I'm back at work and am limited as to what I can do and have :-/ xx

when I first started this a friend of mine had had the bypass 8 years ago and she had jars of baby food but the advise is not to do that its baby food for babies ! it has all the stuff that a baby needs but no where near enough for a grown up best stick to mashed up foods
maybe see if you can take a snap pot of beans or spaghetti in with you or a tube of tomato soup in ? something that can easily slip into your bag or a packet of instant mash maybe? you already said you had that

When i first came out onto phase 3 i was worried. I had beans, low fat lasange soft foods like that. I can on the very odd occasion now have pitta or wraps with ham/cheese/egg but not much. Its all about trial and error and i seem to be one of these lucky people who dont dump!! X

Thank you for the ideas, more are always welcome. I've now managed scrambled egg and beans mashed up. Mashed potato with beans mashed up. I really want to try vegetables but a bit nervous about them, I'm sure I'll build up the courage eventually ? x

Back