• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PLEASE HELP!!!

branmelis773

Hello all! I had gastric bypass January 24, 2011 so almost 3 weeks out. I have a lot of acid in my pouch (I think) it feels like sour stomache. My dr has me on previcid (once a day) is it ok to have chewable TUMS or antacids?
Also was wondering what's causing it. It just started this morning when I woke but I've had it all day long.
Please PLEASE help! I don't Not want to end up with a ulcer! Heard horror storys!
Thank you
Worried Brandi

Hi hun I'm not sure if you can take any other antacid with the tabs you are taking but I take deflatin which reduce acid too....I am prescribed lansoperozole and these work great x speak to your gp see if there is anything stronger you can take xx

as your in america, you will be given different medication to what we have over here, so i think you need to talk to your doctor and see if he can give you anything, i wouldnt leave it for too long though, cos if it is acid, it could do some damage. good luck and let us know how you go on. hugs xxxx

Thank you for replying! :D I finally got a hold of my dr & he told me that I can double up on the meds he has prescribed (am & pm) if it continues, but to try some Malox or Mylanta, so my honey ran out right away & bought some for me. Feeling better, but have an horible taste (almost sour) in my mouth & keep brushing & rinsing with mouth wash. Hopefully that will go away too! Lol!
Hope your all doing well!
Enjoy the weekend
Brandi

Back