• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pooping...*warning, relatively graphic descriptions contained within*

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Nice topic huh!!! lol
Dont read on if you dont like discussing bowel movements in any detail!!!
Annnnnnnyway, does anybody else find pooping decidedly different post bypass?
I know that alot of people go alot less than they used to and that the smell and look of their poop has changed, but how about the feeling in your tummy?
I used to get an urge to go but could mostly hold it off, for hours if need be, it very rarely felt uncomfy in my tummy.
Now, post op, it feels different.
I obviously go alot less, if I didnt eat oranges etc I would probably be lucky to go once or twice a week. On average I must go two to three times in your average week, though to be fair it is usually a good clear out and well worth the wait!!! (I am SO sorry!!!!!!!!!)
In between poop days I dont get stomach pain or bloating or anything, it is very comfy, but I know when today is the day because I get an uncomfy niggle in my tummy, around the mid point of my stomach, which is higher than I remember feeling the urges before. When the poop is imminent I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and there is NO way that I could hold off on going to the toilet, it isnt that I wouldnt be able to prevent it, I could, it is just that the feeling is so uncomfortable and not nice that I feel that I have to sort it out quickly.
I have no trouble letting go once on the toilet, no straining etc and once it is all done the discomfort and ickiness in my tummy is totally gone, what I have then is a feeling of total and utter relief and emptiness, which I adore! lol
Now I know that this was a rather grapic description of my bowel movements, but I had to describe them so that you know the feelings that I am talking about.
So, does anybody else here have the same experience as me? Do you get the icky discomfort in you mid tummy, do you feel that you really cant hold off for long because of the discomfort? Does anybody else feel the same way that I do with my bowels?
Thanks if you got this far and thanks for any replies xx
Steph xx

P.S...Im not worried about how it feels now, just working out how common this feeling etc is xxx

The only difference I've found is the frequency and erm colour! lol

I didn't have the problem that most bypassers have had with constipation though. I didn't even need the laxitives I was given despite being on codiene. I currently have a bowel movement once a day usually so only going once or twice a week sounds like you might have a touch of constipation. I don't get the feelings you described at all.

Try asking your team about it.

I used to go everyday between 10am and 10.30am. Loads of it, due to the amount of rubbish I ate.
Now its about twice a week. It hurts and its dry and big. I have cut my iron tabs down to every other day hoping this will make a difference. I used to stink the toilet out, now I don't.

I used to go every morning without fail now its about three times a week but dont have any odd feelings or pain i just know when im due to go i get wind but when i do go its not major and i dont get that empty feeling which i used to, i feel like i need a good clear out pardon the pun ! lol

I get a pain in my waist area, and I feel a bit sicky. Hardly ever go now but have taken up oranges! My tummy actually feels lumpy after a few days and I really don't feel empty after a BM, wish I did :(

Trust me to be different! I used to get constipated with hard stools but now my stools are very pale in colour and float which does not bode well as this is usually a sign of impending gall bladder problems! I go a couple of times every day and have very stinky wind much more than usual. No wonder no-one loves me.

I go every morning after my fist cup of tea They are now huge and sometimes block the loo. But when I had my op I suffered from constipations for months. I have started to eat bread with linseed in and that seems to have helped

...float which does not bode well as this is usually a sign of impending gall bladder problems!

I was always under the impression that "floaters" were the Holy Grail, but I bow to your superior knowledge. We all love you, we'll just give it 10 minutes for the dust to settle...:D

I used to be a twice a day man, but am lucky if I can manage 1 every 2-3 days. Just think of all the trees we are saving...:p xxx

I was going every day with my first cup of coffee up until 2 weeks ago - now I am having major issues. They stink (worse than normal) still are dark and hard and my tummy has this described niggly feeling all day everyday.
On Sat my mum could hear my tummy in the next room to where I was sat watching TV. It also visably shakes and gripes! I have tried laxatives, senna, movicol and although I went once, havnt been since!
:(

I still go about 4 times a day but this is because I have ulcerative colitis (similar to chron's). I even go so often when impacted. The amount passed has obviously decreased though. I have found that I pass wind more and it is very smelly.

Thanks for all of the replies guys, I dont feel completely abnormal now lol
Sally...poor you hon, I hope you get sorted soon xx
Gill...I had pale floaters to start with and when I looked that up it said that it was too much fat in the diet so I looked at what I was doing and cut out what I could and it stopped.
I really dont mind my new bowel issues, its much better than the complete pain it was pre-op.
Steph xx

Hmmmm....interesting thread there Stephie ;) I'm still on pre-op diet but in case you'd like to know I've only been once this week. Thought that was to be expected but now I'm not so sure. Don't feel the need to go though if that helps.

Oh what joys I have to look forward to post op. LOL

Back