• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-op blues

slimmerkay

I was so euphoric yesterday and this morning. This afternoon I've just crashed.

It doesn't help that I cannot take my anti-depressants until 2 weeks post-op. Or I can but I have to break the capsule and take them in liquid. Absolutely NOT, the taste is foul! I'd rather wait the 2 weeks and start again.

So not sure if it's medication withdrawal or just normal post-op blues but I just want to cry :cry:

And now I feel awful and such an ungrateful cow! I've had my op. Many others of you are still waiting even to get a date. I'm sorry :(

Aw dont feel bad hun, I think its just a normal part of the op. We will all probably get it too....chin up, just try and focus on all the good things you have to look forward to.....it will pass.......its hormonal :D x

Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear you are feeling down today. I hope what I am going to tell you makes iot a little easier to bear.
I have had a few operations and I always feel depressed after the event and its due to all the trauma and the relief funnily enough its all over!

Secondly, I am 100% certain your antidepressants are mainly to blame. I tried to come off seroxat SLOWLY and by teh end of the week I was terrible and so low.

So.... Rest and try and remember all the good things you have to come. I know its not easy but your body has had a double whammy, major surgery and you have stopped a drug that has proberbly kept you on an even keel for so long. Could you not crush and mix yoiur antidepressant in a yogurt or jelly, nas squash or something that wont make you dump?

Either way Karen you have done so well and this is just a little blip and I hope you are your chirpy self really soon.
I am sending you a cuddle.
Linski xxxx

Hope you are feeling better soon its all a bit much now but when the weight starts to come off it will be worth it xx

Hello love, it's very normal if you have not had your anti depressants to feel low, plus the surgery... give it a few days Karen. You will be back to your winning ways, you have held up well with all the pressure, it's probably a great relief to get it all over with once and for all....
It's to be expected and just be kind to yourself and chug along at your own pace... you know where we all are if you need us and we are always thinking of you.
Fondest love and hugs, Bev xxx

im sending massive hugs karen!! xx

Hi karen sorry to here how your feeling lovey, it must be due to the ups and down we have to suffer pre-op. I am tormented on a daily basis with struggling not to eat the wrong foods and im constantly getting weighed. I feel crazy.
You have done so well karen and been through a lot recently that i think its to be expected. One day you will certainly look back and think was it all a dream. As you start to lose the weight and dropping dress size you will feel a million dollars. I cant wait to see you in your little dress lol. Chin up x

Could you not crush and mix yoiur antidepressant in a yogurt or jelly, nas squash or something that wont make you dump?

Thanks hun, I'm going to try it now because I cannot continue like this. I want to tell hubby to &*%$ off and not come back!

Thank you to everyone, you're all so nice. I'm crying now. But that will probably do me some good.

It really might do some good, sometimes we have to get it out and then we feel better for it, hope you feel better soon hun (HUGS) X

Well I emptied one capsule into my jelly then got it in one spoonful. OMG! IT WAS DISGUSTING!

I was going to have two to build up quicker but no way. I can just about do that once a day :yuk::9529:

Hi Karen
Im sad to hear youre feeling low today hun :(
I think it must be really difficult after the op because youve had the surgery and cant eat your comfort foods anymore but it will not be immediate that you lose weight and get the results.
It is a kind of no mans land, once you start dropping the weight you then get the benefits of it but until then it must feel like your knowhere.
It will pass soon and tomorrow is another day you will probably wake up feeling positive again, we have to expect little blips in our journey and ofcourse lots of happiness .
XX Dawn

Karen I think we're on a bit of a rollercoaster ride emotionally.. I had been fine since my op up until yesterday then I was really weepy & wobbly! Today I have bounced back again.... I also think on my days that I'm feeling good I do too much & then my body tells me off by making me feel crap!!

Maybe yr little jaunt to sainsburys yesterday was too much for you right now. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad you managed to take the anti depressant Karen, I know from work how people feel when they just stop them, it's not good, but you are doing your best, keep strong and keep going... but retreat and rest to a warm snug place and relax precious xxx

Hiya Karen
I can understand totally where you are coming from ;)
I took my anti depressants in liquid form whilst in hospital, but once I came home, I tried taking the capsule apart and taking it will yoghurt, but it was so vile, it made me sick.
So I haven't been taking them now for 8 weeks, and am really getting weepy and like you want to tell my OH to **** off, the thing is I mean it lol.
I am going to see my doctor tomorrow to see if she can put me on a different anti depressant, I was on prozac (fluoexetine), but I don't think it was right for me.
Which one are you on hun?
Really hope you feel better soon, take care, thinking of you xxxxx

i got my anti depressant in liquid form, im on citalepram (sp) and although very unpleasant, if i put it in some nas fruit squash it was ok. isnt there a liquid form u can take karen? big squashy hugs x

Hi I managed to take my anti-depressant straight after my op. Mr Ammori said it was fine.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi
I took my anti depressents almost straight after my op. It is almost certainly because they will be coming out of your system hun that you will feel low and that combined with normal post op blues won't help. I would ask if you could re start them at this stage so they don't take too long to build up again. Hope you feel better soon hun big hugs x

karen. i took all my tablets the day after my op including my anti deppressants, the doc said it was fine to take tablets and capsules. hope you feel better soon chuck. sending hugs.

Back