• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op depression??

Thankyou, everyone has been very supportive and i would like to think that i have been to others. it is nice know knowing that i can come here and there is always somebody with some kind words which really do get me through the day. im seeing the doctor tmro and i think before i go into the depression thing i will see if he has any ideas how to combat my anxiety and panic attacks... i thin once i can relax the depression will lift. xx
thankyou again you lovely lovely people xxx
if u were closer id help you with some reiki, good luck tomorrow :) xxx

i didnt like to mention about my friend but she was in another hospital and she was having an op, she had a blood disorder so she was aware there would be complications... but after her op she had lots of blood clots and the rest of her blood was just going through her... she was in oxford and i was in London, i felt totally useless..ive been in a bit of denial about it, as we only met a few times but would speak everyday, she was the only person i spoke to in detail about my wls.. so she was my support.. so that is another reason i felt so lost after she died... she helped me with research and what to eat... everything.. i think i relied on her too much x

Hugs and hope you feel lifted soon, your mind and body have been through a hell of a lot this last 7 weeks...your are bound to feel a bit emotional! As Yvessa says do the PHQ9 and then do it again next week to see if your mood is lifting, if it's not then get in touch with the GP for some support - doesn't have to be medication, there are lots of things out there to help xxx

thanks Ruthie.. i dont think its proper deppression. ive had a lot happen since having the op ie water infection, sickness bug, no support from my hospital.. ie i can never get through to them, and they just say come down in the morning.. which i cant do as the hospital is 62 miles away! I have felt rather isolated from everyone else who seem to have lots of local support. My doctors say they cant answer any of questions as im the only person from there surgery who as ever had WLS.. and to top it i used to suffer panic attacks when i was younger... and they have started again.... so i think this is all linked... so im putting it down to post op depression. Also the day i had my op a very good friend was having an operation in another hospital and didnt make it..and i think i still havnt grieved xx

oh god i sound like i right moaner...i dont mean to be... i think i need a nice man who can give me a nice big hug xx

(((((((((((((((((((((Rayne)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

you are not a moaner, you are a kind supportive loving person, and we are here for you just as you are here for us.

what op did your friend have? you must be devastated by the loss - on top of everything else, i too feel i have post op depression, and do believe there is such a thing, dont be so hard on your self sweetie, think of the advice you would give to us - you are loved - and not alone

xxxx

Sending you a big hug hun. You have been through a lot so you are going to feel down. I do think it is normal for anyone after WLS but to add the UTI and the loss of your friend hun it is bound to take it's tole. I hope you feel better soon. My thoughts are with you x

Aw hunni big hugs xx hope u feel better soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i didnt like to mention about my friend but she was in another hospital and she was having an op, she had a blood disorder so she was aware there would be complications... but after her op she had lots of blood clots and the rest of her blood was just going through her... she was in oxford and i was in London, i felt totally useless..ive been in a bit of denial about it, as we only met a few times but would speak everyday, she was the only person i spoke to in detail about my wls.. so she was my support.. so that is another reason i felt so lost after she died... she helped me with research and what to eat... everything.. i think i relied on her too much x
Hi Rayne,

I hope your GP visit has worked well and that you have been given some support. With all that has happened to you recently it is now wonder you are feeling down. Losing a friend is devastating and it takes time to come to terms with plus you have not been well since your op. So please look after yourself and we will be here for you.

Kind regards,

Thankyou i am going to the doctors in a short while.. have an appointment at 2.40, im going to ask if i can change my hospital from Charing Cross to L&D. my mum has been ringing the 4 numbers i have all day, and ive taken over the ringing now im home from work and we cant get hold of them. i rang the hosital reception and all they said is they will transfer me.. which is to the same numbers i have. ifou ring the emergency number they have a go at you.. or say they will ring back.and they dont! its very frustrating and i feel so let down..i think this is another reason i am down. i hopeing the doctor canarrange a transfer for me as lots of L&D ers here seem to have a lot of support and advise...whereas at the moment i have none x

Good luck Rayne i hope you are feeling a little brighter now after the visit to the docs :) i'm sorry to hear about your friend xx let us know what the doctor said and if you feel like having a real good rant and rave then please feel free :)

Hiya i managed after 3 hours of calling to get an admin assistant at St Marys Hospital... where my biatric team are moving too from Charing Cross.. and she was really nice, she said that everyone is all over the place and that the dietician has been off for a month!! i told her i was feeling down due to lack of communication etc.. and she has given me another number to call and the email address. she also managed to get me an appointment next week to see the dietician so hopefully this will help.

But i also spoke to my doctor. forgot to mention my panic attacks... but he could see i was distressed. He has sent an email to my surgeon saying that i feel i am not getting the support need from the biatric team and that London is quiet a journey when i need to get there, and if it is possible i can be moved to L&D... so i will wait and see what happens. they may say it is ok after ive had my 3 month (at 4 months!) check... which can i add is the only check ive had lol xx

Raynebubble big hugs to you! i felt so down after my op and i still get waves of it now and thats without the added grief of losing a loved one. be kind to yourself and if it helps read some of my old posts i freaked out about it all and had really low ebs. I have my moments still but i can reason them in my head. Everyone here is a massive support make sure you talk about it and dont bottle it all up
lots of love xx

Raynebubble big hugs to you! i felt so down after my op and i still get waves of it now and thats without the added grief of losing a loved one. be kind to yourself and if it helps read some of my old posts i freaked out about it all and had really low ebs. I have my moments still but i can reason them in my head. Everyone here is a massive support make sure you talk about it and dont bottle it all up
lots of love xx

Thankyou hun i appreciate your support. im feeling a bit better today... still had a good old cry... but managed to smile today... so not all bad lol xx

I hear that depression is quite common after these ops. I wonder if some of it is all the build up to the op and the excitement then after op its like comedown time. After all when u wake up after op all you do is feel sore and ur weight is pretty much the same it takes weeks for difference to start coming through. Is there any wonder you feel like that? I think its good to be prepared beforehand for this too, as a pre opper its something I am very aware of. Give it time RAyne and when the weight starts coming off I am convinced you will feel much better.

thankyou.. i have had a better day today, only had a little cry... and that lasted the whole of 30 seconds... so i guess im gonna have good and bad days. i have been in a cheerier mood today xx

i hope you're feeling a bit better Rayne :) just take every day as it comes and deal with it that way xx take care honey

feeling good today thankyou xxx

Glad to hear you are having a good day , let's hope that soon the good out weigh the bad xx

Back