• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Diet

NT1977

I have been looking through the litreture for the suggested post op diet, did any of you use slimfast? I really do not like soup and would much rather have three meals of slimfast a day (even using the powder and making myself with Milk) do you think this will be ok? I will try soup again as I am aware my taste buds will change but I do not want to be in position of having no options.

if you are talking about the liquids only stage then yes such shakes are ok, I don like them or soup o stuck to milk, milky coffees, fruit smoothies, vegetable and fruit juices, drinking yoghurt, lots of water and has squash.

im not to sure i only had liqiud for a few days befor going on to very mushy but i remember having smoothies in hospital so im sure slimfast would be ok ask your provider

Yes I had slim fast but it was on my post op diet sheet, I love soup so had more savoury than sweet.

If its on your list - you can have it! x

When I was on liquids I was the same with soup. Couldn't stand it so was having a shake a day. U may find that 3 maybe too much but milky coffee's, drinking yoghurts etc are a good way to boost ur protein intake.

Brilliant, i am going to start buying some now to stock up!

Back