• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food

BECKYBROWN80

Hey everyone! After watching fat surgeons last night and seeing how organised for post op eating that woman was i feel very disorganised now! Can u guys please tell me what I should buy as my op is on fri and want stuff at home when I get back! Thanks xx

lol she was very organised, its a good idea for you to have food planned and ready, easy for me to say though lol good luck :) xxx

. marvel milk powder or supermarket brand if cheaper
. Bottled water (nicer than tap water) well mine lol
. Skimmed milk... at first i brought long life as you go through a lot
. low fat, low sugar yogurts
. No added sugar squash, vairious flavours so you dont get bored.
. NAS Crusha milk shake mix
. Clear soups ie without bits in... or i you do get them with bits in you can put them through a sieve.

Mini Blender
Small Plastic tubs
Small plates and bowls as these are wa you will be eating off

thats all i can think of for now xx

decaf tea bags?

ice lollies, s/f jelly?

peppermint tea and a hot water bottle, rennies/ windeze (in case of trapped wind after surgery ) x
Good luck with your op x

Last edited:
thanks everyone. how could i be sooo disorganised. i was so focused on getting the op i didnt even think about what i would need when i got home!!!i will have to finish work tomorrow and go mad. shopping, pack hospital bag, pack daughters case for relatives, arghhh i will be very grateful to be going to sleep by the time they put me under! lol xx

i had no idea what i needed until after the op, so hun you are doing really well... but it is nice to be a little bit organised and not have to worry to much after the op...
ooh also what i fund helped.... a cup with a lid... to put your milk in... ie if you go out you can take your milk with you... also a water bottle with a cap lid, so you have squash or water on the go x

Take a pillow for the journey home to hold against your tum. I felt every stone in the road on my way home.

Have plenty of pillows for you to prop around you when you want to sleep in bed, i found they really helped for the first week after the op, i couldnt lay on my side at first so propped myself up with them - a godsend really xx

Hi Dougie I sleep on my front and am having bypass so that won't be happening lol but how long do you think before I will be able to?
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Dougie I sleep on my front and am having bypass so that won't be happening lol but how long do you think before I will be able to?
Lynn

I had my op last Friday ans I also sleep on my front. I tried it last night and was able to do it but after about 20 mins had to go on my side cos it was hurting. But maybe get a bit longer tonight.

XxxX

Lynn

I was ok after about night 4 at home, so you could try a little at a time like looby, i can sleep anyway now and so much better - hardly slept pre op without a pill - can sleep for england now :D

Lynn

I sleep on my front too.... the first few days i couldnt sleep on my side or front... but literally slept sleeping upwards propped up by pllows... then i slept on my side about day 8... i had my staples removed at day 10, and i think i started sleeping on my frnt a couple of days after that xx

Back