• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-op with my band

djbp98

Wants to crunch
Well today is day 3 of having Bertha Band in. Glad to say the wind has settled lots, still have a high tummy though....my skin feels like a helium balloon and it looks like a space hopper :D :eek:
Ate a little more today than the previous 2 days. I've only been managing a few spoon dips into things, but today have ate about 4tbsps readybrek for brekki, 1/4 weetabix for lunch and just over 1/4 tin of chicken soup....luvvvvverly! I'm also managing to sit more comfortable.
Went to the docs so they could check my wounds and everything fine there too...so hip hip hooray
This evening I can feel a bit of hunger tho, but don't know if it's in my head or my belly?? Milky coffee and bed I think x

You're still early days so make sure you take it easy.

Glad the wind has settled down for you its so bloody painful, I thought I was dying lol im not a good patient

Kate x

Well done .Mine is klqiud only only for 3 weeks so just having protein drinks and watered down yoghurt.
I had op on Saturday and nothing to drink/eat for a full 24 hrs after the op apart from consant sips of water.
My stomach is swollen around the waist but day 5 no pain, a little trapped wind, now and again aS I FORGET AND DRINK TOO QUICK.
fINDING I GET NO WIND IF THE DRINKS ARE HOT /WARM .
Do you find the same? ta Mia

Well done .Mine is klqiud only only for 3 weeks so just having protein drinks and watered down yoghurt.
I had op on Saturday and nothing to drink/eat for a full 24 hrs after the op apart from consant sips of water.
My stomach is swollen around the waist but day 5 no pain, a little trapped wind, now and again aS I FORGET AND DRINK TOO QUICK.
fINDING I GET NO WIND IF THE DRINKS ARE HOT /WARM .
Do you find the same? ta Mia

Hi Mia, my tummy was really swollen too, I thought that my port was higher than it actually is.....tellytubby comes to mind :D
Hot drinks are lovely aren't they, they sort of ease the way as they go down. Have a little bit of pain/discomfort, mainly it feels like a pull around my port, and the bruising is going down now - my tummy was black, he'd really done his washing up in there!
Here's to us on the losers side! x

Back