• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Posting this to shame myself....

Sambucca

... and as a bit of a wake up call to anyone who might be thinking that WLS is the easy way out.

I have eaten like an absolute pig today. Ok so Im 17 months out, I *know* the rules and stick to them 90% of the time, my weight is now fairly stable at BMI25 give or take a few lb in either direction so why have I stuffed my face today?

Im not emotional, pre-menstrual, happy, sad.... its just been a normal day.

This is what I have eaten today

Breakfast
Special K

During the day at work
Lots of grapes
1/2 a tesco healthy choice chicken and bacon sandwich
2 Jam doughnuts (hangs head in shame)

Then when I got home
a small chicken leg
a spoon of mashed potato
small amount of sprouts and brocolli
gravy

since tea I have grazed on
a packet of wotsits
a small portion of apple pie and custard
and just now have eaten half a prawn sandwich.

As I said, I know the rules so Im not looking for advice or lectures, or even sympathy really. Just wanted to admit to myself that I cant afford to have too many days like this.

Heres hoping my restriction is back tomorrow.

Well done for flagging it up Sam... I always say to myself as long as I can be honest and say it how it is... it's a move in the right direction for correcting my pathway....

You'll do it and we'll be right behind you Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Just draw a line under it and plan to have a better day tomorrow. Who knows why we do this to ourselves but better to just accept it happens some times for no reason and move on. If you get into the whole guilt thing it can spoil the next few days as well so forgive yourself and remind yourself how well you have done. You are an inspiration!
Best wishes to you
JO XX

Can I join you in the hall of shame? :wave_cry:
I've just eaten 7 Quality Street (no dumping), a chocolate biscuit (first one since July and it didn't even touch the sides!) and a glass of Port.

I need this Christmas junk out of the house, like YESTERDAY! and I'm bored and a bit cheesed off.

I'll be so much more cheesed off on Tuesday(weigh day) if I don't take myself in hand now!
Grace xxx

To be honest, apart from the donuts and apple pie and wotsits, the rest sounds quite normal....

We all have slip up days, and one day like this will not change the overall big picture.

Hmm, apart from the doughnuts, wotsits n apple/custard it didn't look so bad to me...

But i'm hearing the lesson here Sam. It's so easy to get back into old ways....

i suppose we can all get days where we just feel munchy, and then days where we struggle to eat much at all, maybe tomorrow youll not feel like eating much, after all when u think about it, dont 'normal' ppl have days like that, and isnt that what we all want to be. dont be too hard on yourself, its probably nothing like you would have eaten pre wls. big hugs xx

I guess the really important thing is that it remains a one-off, rather than a habit of eating badly.
I'm not going to bet myself up and i don't think we should. But it's a wake-up call to better habits.

One bad day isnt too bad, its when it becomes lots of bad days that it causes a problem. You have pulled yourself up and hopefully it wont happen again. Grace back away from the quality street!! You are both naughty girls and Dotty will slap your legs if you dont behave!! You have been warned ;) XX

Sam... isn;t that what happens to 'normal' skinny people> They have days like this but they draw a line & don't let it become 2 weeks in a row of days like that?

Aren't you just being normal babes? Compared to pre-op how does it really compare? x

Im with Caz and Momma apart from the two donuts the rest compared to your past eating wasnt that bad!The small portion of pud could of been a normal fat size portion!1 small wotsits;when did you last eat wotsits or crisps?18 months ago probably daily and several pkts!I understand where you are coming from but put it into the bigger picture and dont let the guilt get to you,you are human!

One bad day isnt too bad, its when it becomes lots of bad days that it causes a problem. You have pulled yourself up and hopefully it wont happen again. Grace back away from the quality street!! You are both naughty girls and Dotty will slap your legs if you dont behave!! You have been warned ;) XX

LOL Dotty! :17729::17729::17729::17729:

I stopped myself from eating more! I actually threw a green triangle accross the room in disgust at myself!:rolleyes:

I shan't be doing it again....not at the rate my sons are eating the dratted things! I'll be glad when they're all gone!

I was glad to see the back of the Christmas chocs too, I almost forced the lads to eat em!
Just so you know, green triangles were my fave ;) XX

... and as a bit of a wake up call to anyone who might be thinking that WLS is the easy way out.

I have eaten like an absolute pig today. Ok so Im 17 months out, I *know* the rules and stick to them 90% of the time, my weight is now fairly stable at BMI25 give or take a few lb in either direction so why have I stuffed my face today?

Im not emotional, pre-menstrual, happy, sad.... its just been a normal day.

This is what I have eaten today

Breakfast
Special K

During the day at work
Lots of grapes
1/2 a tesco healthy choice chicken and bacon sandwich
2 Jam doughnuts (hangs head in shame)

Then when I got home
a small chicken leg
a spoon of mashed potato
small amount of sprouts and brocolli
gravy

since tea I have grazed on
a packet of wotsits
a small portion of apple pie and custard
and just now have eaten half a prawn sandwich.

As I said, I know the rules so Im not looking for advice or lectures, or even sympathy really. Just wanted to admit to myself that I cant afford to have too many days like this.

Heres hoping my restriction is back tomorrow.

most of what you've ate is actually fine, especially so far out as you are now, ok there's some cack in there, but by now you should be able to eat a little bit more of that and not feel guilty, after-all the hard work of the surgery and eating no rubbish to speak off has to end sometime, so that you can lead some sort of ''normal'' life with food, if you were doing that every day i'd worry, and then kick your own ass, but till then, wouldn't beat yourself up over it, it's done, end of!!

im near 10 weeks post op, i can scoff double that ffs my pouch is larger than average coz of band scars but hey i dont care x

Sam, that reads like one of my snacks ;)

Thanks for all the replies. Im determined to stay away from the cakes and crap today - although I am out on a works do tonight so some naughties are bound to be eaten.

ARGH Joining the club, I had a Kinder Bueno and a small bag of crisps yesterday!!! What was WRONG ??!! I didn't even really WANT them, altho the Kinder Bueno was TO DIE FOR!

Back