• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pouch damage

suesian

can you damage your pouch in the early stages ? i have had a bad day today and eaten things i know full well i shouldnt have it was if i was testing my pouch i had no dumping no sickness and to be honest could have eaten more thank god i gave myself a kick up the bum for some reason i have got it in my head my pouch isnt working i am 3 weeks post op

Ive seen this written alot on here, im pre op so i cant really comment but i suppose like anything it takes time to adjust, including your body to the surgery, dust yourself off and new day tomorrow an all that! good luck x

Susieann, what kind of things have you eaten? Have you any side affects, e.g tight pouch, pain, feeling nauseous or hot?

to be honest and very ashamed ive eaten nuts a couple of thin chips and 3 no sugar boiled sweets no pain nothing

to be honest and very ashamed ive eaten nuts a couple of thin chips and 3 no sugar boiled sweets no pain nothing

Hun u have not damaged ur pouch from the food u have eaten, but ur def brave to eat nuts 3 weeks post op :D:D:D
One thing i will say and this is from experience pls try and not get urself back into any bad habits so early post op as this is the best time to start re educating urself and starting to introduce good life time habits.
Take care xx

Hiya, we had our ops the same day, and yesterday I ate some mash, with veg and gravy, and just mashed it, but it caused me a lot of pain, so have been taking it easy today, had porridge and yoghurt, and then half a fish pie, but liquidised it, aren't risking that pain again, or damaging my pouch, hope I haven't damaged it permanently after yesterday xxxxx

hi just a quick update rang my service provider today who told me if i had damaged my pouch at this early stage i would know as i would feel sick and have pain, he also told me to up my portion size a little so long as i have no more than the centre of a small plate.

Hi Sue, do hope you are feeling better and glad you are getting some advice... keep us posted. Much love xxx

i hope your feeling a lil better and reassured after speaking to your team!! good luck with your loosing now x

Hi Susiean, nuts a bit further down the line for snacking on will be a good protein shot for you. I have the 'occasional' sugar free sweet when my mouth is dry in the car and it won't kill you. I expect like me pre op you'd have eaten the bag full swiftly followed by a choc bar.. Don't beat yourself up over it, just take each day as it comes from now on hun xx

Hi Sue, only just got your message... did you make it to the Mayo building and where were you sitting in the hall? I was looking out for you xxx

hi bev yes i went with my daughter i was sitting near the drinks machine and went into the lecture room it was me who asked the question im hungry think mr amorie put me on the table and went for a brew where were you

Haha... I saw you Sue!
So sorry I didn't give you a huge hug... but for sure it will be two next time.
I asked about the insulin for diabetics question and the question about the usual age limits.
It was a great turn out... let's keep in touch and meet for sure next time... you looked great.
Do hope you are feeling better... please let me know how you are... much love xxx

Back