• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pouch test

CHUCKY

hi everyone
started the 5 day pouch test today and so far so good.
Had choc protien shake for brekkie then another for lunch as soup wasnt ready. just had some soup now made the lentil one was lovely.
Had lots of water too and dont feel hungry.
If anyone done it can you pls tell me if on day 3 onwards can you have veg or is it just protien?
thanks x

I have done it but can't remember sorry. I don't think you can have it till day 5 and then it's about following the 2:1 protein:carbs/veg ratio.

thanks shell.
The website is very vague but will have just protien dont wanna mess it up :) day 2 nearly over and all going good.:)

Hi there,

I hear lots of people talking bout the 5 day pouch test. Does anyone mind telling me what it is and why you would do it?

Lisa

It is a programme designed to reaffirm your restriction and help you break bad habits, particularly carbs and snacking. It is for people 6months + post op who may feel their weight loss has slowed down, stalled, or that they just need a kick up the bum. google it to find more, can't post the link as they have their own forum.

hi all a quick update day 4 and wow what a brilliant tool.
Eating so little now just like in the begining post op. Lost 6lb since sunday and have re educated my mind out of snaking on carbs,
Would reccomend it to anyone struggling 6months+ post op.

Thats brilliant Julie. I did it a couple of months ago and could do with doing it again not for the weight loss (which is a bonus) but just for getting back to basics.

Well done.

Protein only for the full 5 days hun, then after that you need to re-introduce veg but the protein should still be your priority.
Good luck...it really works!
Sal x

thanks for comments it really does work it brill makes u re focus on everything food wise and weight loss is good too.:)

Cant reccomend it enough

Well done Julie. This is something I keep thinking of doing, but always seem to come up with an excuse not to!

Well done Julie. This is something I keep thinking of doing, but always seem to come up with an excuse not to!

Its only benificial if you are struggling eating too much or eating too many carbs - if you were to use it for weight loss only it does go on and on about how its not designed for that.
I would love to do it again but dont think its wise now Im pregnant lol :)

hi guys finished test and have lost 8lb and my mind is back on track re focused and ready to go again.
Would reccomend it to anyone struggling
x

ooo this is an interesting thread, ill remember this for when im post op xx

The pouch test is for bypass patients.

Its only benificial if you are struggling eating too much or eating too many carbs - if you were to use it for weight loss only it does go on and on about how its not designed for that.
I would love to do it again but dont think its wise now Im pregnant lol :)

Yeah I know Sal. My weight has been stuck for ages now and refuses to budge. While my restriction is still good I know its bad habits that are too blame - too many carbs. I keep meaning to try the 5DPT to break the carb habit.

I think you are right, defo not the time for you to be trying it!

hi guys finished test and have lost 8lb and my mind is back on track re focused and ready to go again.
Would reccomend it to anyone struggling
x

Absolutely fab Julie. The weight loss is a bonus, but its great to hear you are refocused. Well done x

Back