• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Assessment: what do they do?

They'll take a full medical history and do the usual weight/height checks. You're supposed to take a urine sample but i left mine on the hall table at home !
They'll do bloods and then there's the lovely MRSA test, which was slightly more intimate than i had expected (but at least they let you do this one in privacy !)
Then they send you to outpatients for an ECG and ask you to bring the results back to the assessment clinic.
It was a lot more straightforward than i'd expected and doesn't take too long.
Not long to go now eh ? Hope to see you at one of the Sunderland support groups soon x x

Thanks Gill for asking this question was going to ask, hey you must be reading my mind now lol.
just to let you all know Ravelling is my hospital buddie we are having op on the same day and WE are on the same ward as well!!!!

They'll do bloods and then there's the lovely MRSA test, which was slightly more intimate than i had expected (but at least they let you do this one in privacy !)

:eek: not gonna ask lol
the MRSA swab test they did at St Richards was up my nose and in my armpit lol

Back