• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op. assessment

Hi
I've got my date for my band fitting (WOOHOO) but need to go in for a pre-op assessment next week. I'm getting anxious and was wondering if anyone knows what happens at the assessment? Can they decide to cancel my op after i've been assessed? What do i have to do to 'fail' or 'pass' my assessment?

Please can any of you help me?

I'm under Mr El Hasani, at the PRU if that is any help.xxx

Hello there

When I went for my pre op assessment I had the following done. I was weighed, height measured, temp taken, bloods taken, mrsa swabs,bp taken, medical history & current medication I was taken and general idea of what was going to happen on the day etc . Cant think of anything else as it was some time ago. If I do remember I will let u know xxx

Hi getting desperate
I'm glad you asked that queston
i have my pre op on feb 8th and was wondering
and worrying about the same thing,
as you have you pre op first would you
mind letting me know how you get on,
i am due to have my op on the 11th feb all being well, :) xx

For my pre-op, all they did was take my blood samples. The on the day, I was weighed and height checked, and because my BMI was over 40, they did an ECG too. All pretty straightforward

Good luck :)

BlueDiamond said:
Hello there

When I went for my pre op assessment I had the following done. I was weighed, height measured, temp taken, bloods taken, mrsa swabs,bp taken, medical history & current medication I was taken and general idea of what was going to happen on the day etc . Cant think of anything else as it was some time ago. If I do remember I will let u know xxx

Yes that's what happened to me!!! Def nothing worth worrying about!!! Good luck :) x

I also have my pre op next Weds at the Chelsfield in Kent. I'm under Mr El Hasani too!

When's your op?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

A Pre op assessment clinic is cheaper than getting you in the day before surgery (as used to be the case up until a few years ago) It's just the same stuff they need to do pre op, depending on your past medical history - ECG, bloods, Chest X ray, Weight and height, lung function, measure for your stockings,the nurses written admission - Next of kin, how getting home post op etc. Legally you should not sign your consent at pre op assessment, however some clinics do this. Just think of it as 'check in' prior to your holiday!! Good luck xxx

Just rolled up my sleeves for blood samples

Back