• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet with the hospital group - bypass

Sar2567

Am booked in for my op on 4th May, with THG and MR Sigurrdson. I am having my pre op 7 days before, although was offered the day before. As yet I have not heard anything about a pre op diet. Has anyone else gone with THG for by pass? When did you find out about pre op diet? Getting a little concerned that I should be doing something I am not. I have lost a stone and a half since I last saw consultant but worried that my liver might not have shrunk and cause issues for the op.

I would call them you need to do the diet for 14 days before so you still have time.

wendy1963 said:
I would call them you need to do the diet for 14 days before so you still have time.

I have just spoken to them and been told that I just need to do a 1000 calorie menu for 7 days prior. I rarely get anywhere near that so should be ok. Was dreading 2 weeks of pre liquid stage. She did say I could do a couple of days of slim fast if really wanted too but no real need.

Anyone else had this pre op advice?

no i was on the 10 day milk and yoghurt google if in doubt think yoiu can find them there a re a few to look at for ideas. xx

Back