• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet

Quickblood

The pre-op diet I've been given seems incredibly limited, for instance chicken but no mention of turkey, I can have green salad & vegetables only but I'm not allowed a bit of cauliflower or carrot although surely both are low carb. Also I'm allowed sugar free squash but not sugar free fizzy drinks?

Weirdly for me I don't think the diet will be too much of a problem & with the fear of surgery & my fruit allowance I can see myself sticking to it without ever feeling the need to cheat but I've barely started and I'm dying for some sparkling flavoured water, I know post-op it's prohibited but why would fizz be restricted now?:(

Each pre-op diet seems to vary wildly lol just go with the flow :D

Good luck hunni xx

Yeah I can't believe the thing that I'm missing more than anything is the fizz. I don't know what it is about still sugar free drinks but they all taste terrible to me but carbonate them and they're fantastic and they're the one thing I never expected to give up.

Oh well I suppose it's just 3 weeks of hell to get to where I need to be.

You can't drink fizzy post op from what I've seen/been told.
My surgeon and dietician were very insistent that I needed to be fizz free before my op as it would be forbidden after op

Good luck x

I am the opposite, I like drinking still drinks and stopped drinking fizz about 6 months ago because I just couldn't face it.

Perhaps they are trying to get you off them before surgery to get you ready for post-op.

Debbie

Back