• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op preparation programme

LadyLeigh

Hi,

I have been given the go ahead, I have chosen the bypass.

I am 5"6 weighing about 23st, I have been given a target of 1stone 6lbs by my may appointment.

I also have to attend 6 group sessions if I don't then I will not be able to have the op. Has anyone else done this?

I am under the Royal Berkshire Hospital.

Thanks in advance

I had a couple of pre op group meetings but only for the nurses to talk about aĺl the different types of surgeries and the risks involved and what happens after you have your chosen WLS by the time I attended my funding had already been agreed and date for WLS in place
it seems like each area works in its own way

I have had a meeting with consultant and dietician was meant to see nurse and psychologist but they were on holiday.

Have to attend 6 appointments for 1.5hrs a time before I will be allowed the opp.

I had to attend six or so 2hrs sessions ( if I remember correctly) this was with the dietician, but was a group thing. it was part of the requirement for funding to be approved. but as others have said each area is slightly different. I was not given a specific weight loss target, however I did lose weight whilst under the dietician (and I felt that if I wasn't losing weight it would clearly show that I had not began to adopted the healthier eating patterns that they were advocating) and that you need to adhere to after bypass surgery. good luck with your journey.

Back