• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

princess royal hospital

shirley05

Was just wondering if anyone on here that has had mr hasani at pruh could help I've been asked to go in 2 days before surgery and don't really no why and was given a blood transfusion form to get done 3/4 days before my op is this normal I no I should of asked at the time but had so much going on in my head I forgot :( thank you :rolleyes:

I did not have mu op at the PRUH but iknow severl people who have. One of the reasons you go in 2 days before op is they like to give you 2 doses of PICOLAX which is to clear you out before op. i dont now why you need to have a blood transfusion, do you have low levels of iron?

Wendy

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

They also get you in earlier so you get a bed!!

Mr El-Hasani is a GREAT surgeon, you will be in safe hands x

hi there,i had my op at thr pruh last month.you have to go in two days earlier,so it keeps your bed,as they have an accident and emergency,and may get an emergency come in,you have your picolax the day before,and yes i had to get a blood test a few days proir to going in case you need any blood during surgery.there are normally 3 patients who all come in together,and then the op day,you are taken one by one..i was last typical!!!!lolmr el hasani normally starts operating about 8.30.i went down about 3,as i was last.they are great at the pruh,and i stayed 5 nights in all,op was thurs,came out on monday.hope you get on well,your in great hands,good luck with everything,nicky,xx

Back