• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems with COLD drinks?

Josepina

Hi all,

Does/did anyone else have problems with drinking cold drinks?
I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and I have a real struggle trying to drink enough because whenever I sip a cold drink I get pain in my chest. :cry:
I'm trying to drink more warm drinks but before my op I wasn't much of a hot drink person. I guess this may just be one of the many life changes I should get used to!

Thanks Jo x

I had a problem with cold drink too esp water. I'm just over 6 weeks now and can drink cold drinks fine but not so keen on hot drinks anymore. You never know you might be ok with it soon the more you heal in side x

I can drink cold drinks now but couldn't for a couple of months post-op x

I'm the opposite my drinks have to be icey cold or I can't drink them, I'm going thru bags of ice a day. I have gone right off tea and used to love a cuppa, so now all I drink is cold diluted apple juice.

Hi all,

Does/did anyone else have problems with drinking cold drinks?
I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and I have a real struggle trying to drink enough because whenever I sip a cold drink I get pain in my chest. :cry:
I'm trying to drink more warm drinks but before my op I wasn't much of a hot drink person. I guess this may just be one of the many life changes I should get used to!

Thanks Jo x

Don't worry that will pass,I can drink cold drinks now but still have to drink it slowly and not gulp(as that can be uncomfortable)

Oh yeah, I couldn't drink cold water for 12 weeks post. But its no problem now, it does get better.

I'm the opposite my drinks have to be icey cold or I can't drink them, I'm going thru bags of ice a day. I have gone right off tea and used to love a cuppa, so now all I drink is cold diluted apple juice.

Same, I have to have them proper cold. I used to drink lots of coffee but haven't touched one post op! I live off nas squashes

Same, I have to have them proper cold. I used to drink lots of coffee but haven't touched one post op! I live off nas squashes

Omg I best not go off coffee. I will be lost without it. I'm an addict and not one that wants to give up anytime soon!!!

Everyone's very different! I've gone off coffee and anything sweet. No cravings for chocolate or cake or biscuits whereas before surgery I wanted it all the time! Still have head cravings for bacon, full English, bread, roast spuds and Chinese though. But I know eating them would make me very ill so I don't!
My little pouch is amazing! :)

Everyone's very different! I've gone off coffee and anything sweet. No cravings for chocolate or cake or biscuits whereas before surgery I wanted it all the time! Still have head cravings for bacon, full English, bread, roast spuds and Chinese though. But I know eating them would make me very ill so I don't! My little pouch is amazing! :)

Good for you. I like that you respect your little pouch xxx

Wow I was the same too, then I could drink milk and milkshakes and nothing else and now I've gone off coffee completely.

How odd.

It gets better I can drink anything, fancying it is a different matter though.

I used to drink a lot of cold water but struggled after surgery because cold drinks made me feel a uncomfortable and a bit ... well, gurgly. Not a great description, I know, but that's what it felt like! It's better now and I find it easier to hit my fluids quota each day.

My surgeon explained that cold foods send your pouch into spasm, try some warm squash, or water, or like me decaf coffee is my best friend,

So glad I found this post, I thought I was going mad, I cannot drink cold drinks without feeling a sharp pain in my chest, can now only stomach hot or warm drinks, which I never particularly liked before surgery!

So glad I found this post, I thought I was going mad, I cannot drink cold drinks without feeling a sharp pain in my chest, can now only stomach hot or warm drinks, which I never particularly liked before surgery!

I know how you felt, that's why after 4 weeks and no change I though I'd best ask the gastric gurus on here :)

I feel so much better now, knowing that it's not me going crazy and that it should get better! Best not try ice cream any time soon! Ha Ha!!!! :8855:

Thanks again peeps! xxx

Back