• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else struggling...

ditzeeblonde

with their water intake?

Since the temperature plummeted I am really struggling with getting to 2 litres a day of fluids. I'm trying hot drinks, cold drinks the works

I used to drink 5 litres pre-op & now I have to work really hard to get any in me... it was easier frist thing after my op as I sat around & had a cup in my hand all the time but now I'm up & about its really tricky to remember to drink.

I also feel a real restriction with drinks that I don't get with food, does that make any sense?

Is it just purely down to the cold temps do you think?

im only managing a litre if that, theres only so much room in there and i feel like im constantly sipping away and its still not enough......i need to just imagine its voddy and coke that may help things along hehe, i hope you find things easier soon x

Hi Linzi...

It may be that we just feel the need for more drinks of the warming variety with the weather too... I'd trade an options Hot Chocolate drink for a glass of water any day this weather...

Love and hugs and hope you are ok too Liz xxx

Im exactly the same, i used to worry badly about it but now i just go with the flow. Just keep sip sip sipping! xxxx

Hi Linzi, nice to hear from you. You were drinking quite alot of water before the op, I only managed 4 litres a day when I was on lighterlife so 5 was amazing. I am not sure how much I drink but I seem to have some sort of drink on the go most of the time. Either a milky coffee or squash it seems. Perhaps I need to measure my intake. All my 'cold' drinks are at room temperature as they go down better. I feel alot of restriction with drink as well but I think it is because I swallow air. Once the air comes up again (sorry) I can drink more. Are you drinking at room temperature? x

Im struggling too Linzi, Ive never been the best with water, I dont like it atall really. I drink mainly hot drinks and a NAS now and again but I really struggle to drink enough. I usually keep an eye on my urine and if its dark I will try and drink some more. I am going to try and drink some more :D XX

Hi Linzi. good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you today. I'm the other way and have just re-discovered my love of water. It is hard if you're out in the cold though. Have you tried carrying a bottle of water around with you? I'm finding that helps. I'm fine drinking re: restriction as long as I sip constantly and leave half a hour in between eating and drinking.
Hugs
Grace xxx

im only managing a litre if that, theres only so much room in there and i feel like im constantly sipping away and its still not enough......i need to just imagine its voddy and coke that may help things along hehe, i hope you find things easier soon x

I do keep dreaming its red wine Liz so I like yr thinking with the voddy!

Hi Linzi...

It may be that we just feel the need for more drinks of the warming variety with the weather too... I'd trade an options Hot Chocolate drink for a glass of water any day this weather...

Love and hugs and hope you are ok too Liz xxx

I make a pint cup of lemon & ginger tea & still only manage half of it. xx
Im exactly the same, i used to worry badly about it but now i just go with the flow. Just keep sip sip sipping! xxxx

Just keep sipping, just keep sipping!! Slight change to the Finding nemo swimming song. x

Hi Linzi, nice to hear from you. You were drinking quite alot of water before the op, I only managed 4 litres a day when I was on lighterlife so 5 was amazing. I am not sure how much I drink but I seem to have some sort of drink on the go most of the time. Either a milky coffee or squash it seems. Perhaps I need to measure my intake. All my 'cold' drinks are at room temperature as they go down better. I feel alot of restriction with drink as well but I think it is because I swallow air. Once the air comes up again (sorry) I can drink more. Are you drinking at room temperature? x

Hey Tango how are you doing misses?

Yes room temperature is far better than ice cold although my first one of the day has to be cold funnily enough, maybe it is the air hadn't thought about that. xx

Im struggling too Linzi, Ive never been the best with water, I dont like it atall really. I drink mainly hot drinks and a NAS now and again but I really struggle to drink enough. I usually keep an eye on my urine and if its dark I will try and drink some more. I am going to try and drink some more :D XX

Me & you both Jacqui, did you test out the bacon & the rabid dog syndrome?:D

Hi Linzi. good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you today. I'm the other way and have just re-discovered my love of water. It is hard if you're out in the cold though. Have you tried carrying a bottle of water around with you? I'm finding that helps. I'm fine drinking re: restriction as long as I sip constantly and leave half a hour in between eating and drinking.
Hugs
Grace xxx

Yep have a bottle permenantly with me its just remembering its there... don't seem to get a thirst these days/. x

What a lovely idea... lemon and ginger tea... thank you ... xxx

Gosh Linzi I'm thirsty all the time. Isn't it strange how we're all so different?

I struggled to drink enough before my op so am really struggling now. I don't drink tea and coffee, never have. I have a bottle all the time with orange squash in it but I forget to drink. Think I might have an oxo later to drink.

After how many weeks can we have an options hot choc?

Jacki.

I struggled to drink enough before my op so am really struggling now. I don't drink tea and coffee, never have. I have a bottle all the time with orange squash in it but I forget to drink. Think I might have an oxo later to drink.

Jacki.

I had one at about 5 days! but weak, made half strength, to avoid a sugar rush. But follow your team's advice of course!
Hot squash is very nice. I like Bottle Green's spicy berry cordial (available in Sainsburys) made up with hot water. It tastes like mulled wine.

What a lovely idea... lemon and ginger tea... thank you ... xxx

twinings do it... its lush & good for the metabolism too. x

Gosh Linzi I'm thirsty all the time. Isn't it strange how we're all so different?

Isn't it just! I used to get thirsty until I got suspected gallstones & now I struggle

Jacki.

Ooooh oxo... never think about having one of those. x

I had one at about 5 days! but weak, made half strength, to avoid a sugar rush. But follow your team's advice of course!
Hot squash is very nice. I like Bottle Green's spicy berry cordial (available in Sainsburys) made up with hot water. It tastes like mulled wine.

Spicy berry cordial sounds fab... am off to add one onto my shopping list thanks hun. xx

Spicy berry cordial sounds fab... am off to add one onto my shopping list thanks hun. xx[/QUOTE]

make sure you get the Bottlegreen one pet, it's the one with the lowest sugar content. I'm sipping some as we speak. It's lush.
Grace xxx

I struggle to drink most days now with the colder weather, I used to be drinking non - stop in the summer, but like Dotty I don`t like plain water and even juices are uninspiring when its so cold. I really only like hot drinks in the cold weather. But I guess my body still copes with what I do have.

Love Kat x

Ribena light with hot water for me and plenty of orange juice (tropicana no bits) diluted with warm water. Still find ordinary water very hard, and struggle to drink more than a litre of any fluid however slowly I drink it throughout the day.

Linzi, I am doing fine thanks. Sort of got my head round this now, really glad I had the sleeve I think it make things a bit easier. My restriction is really good and I am not worrying about the future just taking one day at a time knowing that this time the weight isnt going to go back on! No more dieting just living, great isnt it!!! I am generally thirsty most of the time, not ever hungry. Off to drink more now...hope you find a way of increasing your fluids to suit you xx

I've always loved water and this hasn't changed since the op. The only thing that has changed is the amount I now drink and that I quite like hot waternow as well as iced water.

I've found since the op and cold weather, that hot water seems to go down much easier than iced water. I've even discovered that I like apple/orange juice half and half with hot water instead of cold. Perhaps this will help you in the cold months to come?

Back