• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puree stage-eat when hungry or on schedule?

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Yep its me again!!:D
Ok so I started purees today!
Had tiny amount of ready brel this morning which went down well enough.
Now, I wasn't hungry before I ate it and I wasn't hungry after either but not as stuffed as I imagined I would feel.
My diet sheet says to aim for 3 small meals and 2 snacks but am I supposed to snack even if I don't feel hungry?
I am a bit confused

Hi Leanne

this stage is all about getting your pouch used to having something in it. It's important for you to eat small amounts & often. I would doubt that you will get the 'full' feeling at this stage as the foods you will be eating are all soft and will go down fairly easily. If your team have said 3 meals & 2 snacks then it's advisable to stick with what they've advised. I didn't feel hungry at this stage so I had to remind myself to eat. In the end I found trying to fit the snacks in as well a little daunting and I was told that as long as I ate at least 3 times a day it was fine.

For me it just felt that with all the drinking, meals & snacks my entire day was being overtaken by it all.

My interpretation is that they want you to get nutrients into you body which will help the healing process, so I guess they want to have all the meals and snacks.

Mind you it is your body and pouch and you should listen to it.

Thanks ladies.
Yes Gail, I really feel as though my whole life is taken over by a schedule of eating and drinking!! Lol.
I had beef stew and dumpling soup earlier blitzed to within an inch of its life and it was beautiful!! Haha x

Gorrrrr yum yum that sounds just up my street, how did you do it?

Back