• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

questions from newbie

robojo1970

Hi everyone ive just got a couple of questions,
ive got my group session in march and would like to know what happens at the session?

What is the average timescale from referral to surgery at Sunderland?

I'm a sunderland patient. They talk about all the different options of surgery in detail and when I went they had some people who had surgery to talk about there experience, I found it really informative and you will be weighed.
I waited 21 mths from referal to op with 1 cancelled apt in there but I think the average is around 18 mths. Good Luck with ur journey xx

Hiya robojo
I think it really varies from hospital to hospital if your having it done on the nhs the average waiting time is about a year but again that depends on soooo many things ie what tests there want you to have. How your general health is and so on not exactly sure whst your mean by group appointment though I never had any of them , the only group thing I did was how to eat and live after surgery best of luck to you , bear in mind you could have a long frustrating wAit ahead of you with many many trips to and from the hospital I no it sounds harsh but I wish someone had told me this when I first applied then you don't get so frustrated

Thanks for your replies now that i have my first apointment i just want march to hurry up its taken me years to even get to this stage

Back