• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really worried now

nikkib80

my bmi is just under 40 as i have just lost 2 stone since xmas, i was really pleased when the doctor weighed me, now im worried that i wont meet the criteria for funding, i am diabetic so just hoping that goes in my favour :(

Good luck Hun n well dun on the weight loss x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thankyou, its a horrible feeling not knowing, way i see it is the doctor wouldnt have reffered me in the first place if he didnt think i had a good chance or maybe thats just me wishfull thinking lol xxx

no they wouldnt refer you if they didnt think you have a chance hun they cant .... they made me wait for ages to make sure i had tried everything before getting reffered hun im trying to look it up for you xxx

That's very true Hun ;-) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi nikki,
congratulations on losing 2 stones in such a short time - well done you.
i hope things go well for you my love - good luck.
please keep posting your progress xx

They will take into consideration the weight you were when you were first refered..also some hospital like you to lose a bit of weight first to help shrink your liver and show you are commited... you have done this... you should be proud of yourself like we are of you... well done and dont worry xxx

yeah dont panic honey they will have a record of you losing weight and what you were before al keep everything crossed for you xxx

aww thanks everyone, i have been going to the doctors with my weight on and off for at least 10 years, i have been on orlistat 4 seperate times and used to go to upbeat exercise sessions all through the doctors and my heaviest weight was 19 stone so i hope all that is taken into account xxx

Hi

If your pct implements the full NICE recomendations you won't have a problem. NICE recomend BMI of 40 or 35 if you have comorbidities like type 2 Diabeties which you have.

My BMI Was down to 36 on the day of my op and was only :) 40 when I was first referred.

Check with your PCT.

Paul

Did he refer you when you were 2 stone heavier? this is what my doctor did and then he prescribed xenical and i went on to lose 2 stones. I was prescribed xenical to show that i could lose weight and the hospital didnt hold the weight loss against me.
Kim

Did he refer you when you were 2 stone heavier? this is what my doctor did and then he prescribed xenical and i went on to lose 2 stones. I was prescribed xenical to show that i could lose weight and the hospital didnt hold the weight loss against me.
Kim

no when i was reffered i was lighter, but he does have records of me being heavier, i feel really annoyed with myself for not going to see him before, ive now stopped the diet and trying to gain it back incase i have to appeal:confused:

Why dont you phone your doctors and ask them for the pct phone number he has applied to. They should give you the criteria they require for surgery, and then you will know for definate if you qualify. As you said this has been going on for over 10 years and i know this is what they take into consideration. I never thought to ask my doctor what the criteria was for surgery and he obviously didnt know either, as once i got an appointment to see the surgeon he told me my bmi had to be over 50 to qualify and it was 49!
He gave me 2 months to put on 6lbs but i could have put that on b4 i saw him.
I know how you feel, i couldnt relax until i got that letter telling me i was on the waiting list.
Kim

im in same boat, i asked to be refered at my heaviest and they sent me on an 8 week weight course, ive lost just over a stone but my bmi is under 40 :(

Yeah sounds good any time is fine hun but a Thursday would be best as I have money that day haha unless you wanna come to mine or something Xx

yeah could come to yours if you like, cheaper than meeting somewhere lol, all my pennys are going on decorating at mo, can still make it thursday if you want just give me a time, i drop vanessa at school at 9.00 so anytime after, private message me on facebook your address and directions, im useless at finding my way lol

nikkib80 said:
aww thanks everyone, i have been going to the doctors with my weight on and off for at least 10 years, i have been on orlistat 4 seperate times and used to go to upbeat exercise sessions all through the doctors and my heaviest weight was 19 stone so i hope all that is taken into account xxx

How is it going? I had a bmi of just under 40 when I went to the dr to ask about referral and he just laughed at me and said there was no way I was big enough despite having very poor and decreasing mobility. In Gloucester you can only get it apparently whatever your bmi if you have type 2 diabetes or heart problems. Good job I have a considerate family who think the money is worth paying in order for us to have longer positive time together.

I hope your area is more sympathetic!

Back