• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recommended exercise?

Marie1986

Im ready to start my life
Well.. Im pretty much asking what amout of exercise i should be doing a day..

Is there a limit? Or am i able to do what feels comfortable..:confused:

I want to try and do sit up's.. are they allowed? Im terribly self conciencious about loose skin.. :(

I currently walk, 4 miles.. then spend 30mins on my cross trainer and do 7miles.

Any kind of information would be appreciated..??

((I had my surgery on the 15th Nov 2011 (11 weeks ago)

I've lost 55lbs, so i have a new lease of energy.. & i want to use it!:p))

Thankyou, Marie x

Wow you are doing well Marie - fantastic weight loss. Can't help on the exercise regime but I am sure someone will be along who can:D

tranquil

Any change in your regime should be cleared by your GP first though you should be OK with light sit ups from 12 weeks.

I was told to walk for up to 90 minutes a day working my way up to that slowly. You seem to be doing plenty of cardio exercise already with walking and the cross trainer. You'll get more benefit from the cross trainer as walking really isn't a great calorie burner to be honest.

Resistance exercise should be introduced at around 12 weeks provided your GP is OK with it, and go for toning exercise routine PM me if you want more details.

Sadly though it will help to maintain your lean body mass, weight training will have little effect on loose skin I'm afraid. You also need to ensure you are getting 70 to 80g of protein in per day when working out. You need to keep an eye on the calorie deficit too as if you fall below 900 usable calories you might just stall for a while.

Last edited:
Any change in your regime should be cleared by your GP first though you should be OK with light sit ups from 12 weeks.

I was told to walk for up to 90 minutes a day working my way up to that slowly. You seem to be doing plenty of cardio exercise already with walking and the cross trainer. You'll get more benefit from the cross trainer as walking really isn't a great calorie burner to be honest.

Resistance exercise should be introduced at around 12 weeks provided your GP is OK with it, and go for toning exercise routine PM me if you want more details.

Sadly though it will help to maintain your lean body mass, weight training will have little effect on loose skin I'm afraid. You also need to ensure you are getting 70 to 80g of protein in per day when working out. You need to keep an eye on the calorie deficit too as if you fall below 900 usable calories you might just stall for a while.

Oh hunny that is fabulous advice!

Thankyou..

Marie x

Back