• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

recommended hospitals

Hiya,
I'm bring seen by Chelsea and westminster and although I've only had an appointment with the nurse I was very impressed with her level of care. They are spe is list hospital in bariatric surgery and I left there feeling completely at ease and fully informed.
I had my ap with nurse 2 weeks ago got letters through yesterday for ap with surgeon, nutritionist and psychologist in 2 weeks time all on same day do process seems to be quite good time wise, just hope I won't have to wait too long for confirmed surgery day!
Good luck choosing. X

This is all very interesting as I was told the hospital you're referred to is the one in your catchment area therefore I'm with the uch and just waiting for my sleeve date! Has anyone ha it done there and knows how long it takes to get date for op??

Another vote for Luton, great team, equip for bariatric patients, big gowns, big everything. Very nice people and fantastic follow up and advice. I would say that you need to consider the distance to travel and see what is reasonable.

With regards to pain, I didn't have any, not even the dreaded wind pain.

Hiya
I'm from Brighton East Sussex, i was accepted for NHS funding but the hospital of my choice was St Richards in Chichester the waiting list was closed so my Gp showed me all the other hospitals and Kings College was next closest i thought and was accepted under the care of Mr Ameet Patel, hes a great man very gently/quietly spoken and certainly knows his stuff.... i have been waiting over 2 years but i backed out for a few months as i wasnt well but accepted back quite quickly, well i had my gastric bypass 4 weeks ago today.... not at Kings College but asked if i would like to go to BmiWeymouth Hospital in London, oooo yes please, 17 bed hospital, made friends with a lady on FB and we went in same time, still in touch now i was in for 3 days my friend around 18 hours,
my recovery is ok good days bad days but have the urge to eat real food, i do so now and then blended with added gravy, i'm loving poached eggs, i only suffered once badly from wind and couldnt sleep on my sides because of it, its passed but i get gurglings of all sorts through my stomach everyone can hear..lol its all cool cos its still very early... some people recover very quickly others like myself have to go that bit slower... well 4 weeks on i have so far lost 23 lbs 4 inches off my waist and 2 off bust and hips... brilliant i feel so good

Good luck xxxx

Back