• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Researching a few questions.

ladylite

I have an appointment for a consultation and have been researching WLS mainly the by pass.

Firstly I think the By Pass will be best for me cause of my eating habits but I do have a few questions and want some honest answers.

I am funding this myself £11,800 (dont faint). :eek: This will be he only money I have and will never have any spare again. I have read a few people being very upset about access skin. Now I do know what they mean and am expecting this if I go ahead, but will definately not be able to afford any plastic surgery.

Do you think this is a real problem with WLS. I am not having the surgery for vanity reasons although I do like the idea of looking better it is mainly for my health.

I dont want to end up depressed because of hanging skin (which I dont think I will), I just hope you understand where I am coming from.

It all really depends on yr current weight, how long you have been big, how much yo yoing you have done, frame size etc etc ect.

I like you did this for my health and didnt think the excess skin would bother me.
But You may not what to hear this but the reality for me after loosing 12 stone and discovering that i am a very petite size 6/8 is that it is ruling my life. I cant wear anything that doesnt come to my elbows or if something comes above my knees 60denier tights. i now struggle at the gym cause my skin constantly chafts and i keep getting sors in my belly button. But thats just me on a very positive not i would never want to go back to what i was and hopefully in time i will learn to love all of the new me!!!

Gail michelle has just posted he holiday pics and not a bit of loosed skin in sight and even up close and face to face she hasnt !!! so it really is down to the individual.

good luck and keep researching you cant know to much about what will be a life changing experiance.
carole

Hello Ladylite,
I can't say too much about loose skin as I am only at the start of my journey, and of course every body is different.
I must say though I paid privately and had a sleeve gastrectomy for £9,500 the gastric bypass would have cost the same with "healthier weight" I got £1,000 off their normal price of £10,500, so I do think £11,800 is a bit steep! I'm fairly sure Vitaclinics only charge £9,995 for the bypass as well.
I hope this helps
love
Sandra x

You may be able to get funding for plastics depending on you PCT.
My friend had a tummy tuck on the NHS after losing weight with weightwatchers but some PCT's won't fund plastics at all.

Thanks for your honest replies.

I have yet to have my surgery and tbh i did worry briefly about loose skin. Until i actually had a good look at my body and realised i've already got loose skin, it's just full of fat!

I've looked at your profile pic and can see you have style when dressing and am sure can dress accordingly....

Good luck with your op! When and where are you having it?

Thank you for your lovely comments.

I am not actually having it yet, I have my very first consultation with Guy Slater at Chichester on Mon 27th.

So hoping it wont be too long, I know what you mean about the skin and I dont think it will be as big as problem for me as for some, but know I will have some.

I already wear sleeves to hide my big fat arms so it wont be any different, but I will be a hell of a lot healthier

I just hope that I will be able to see my feet, I will be disappointed if I cant..... LOL

Back