• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sambucca's bypass

Well done on your weight loss Sam...and pleased to see you are on the mend.

It must be so weird not feeling the old hunger like you did...but that's the tool I guess.

Well take it easy...take care

(((hugs)))

Hi there Sam. Just popping in to publicly admire your ticker. It's moving along very nicely indeed. Great going on that front. It great to see you're recovering well too. Take care.

Thankyou for sharing Sam

I too have only just found this thread, even though I went looking for it a few days ago lol.

I just wanted to ask a couple of things perleeze :)

1, what liquids are you using (other than water of coffee etc) and how often.

2. Did you use gripe water for the wind at all?

Xx

hi Sam just popped onto site to see how you are doing , and i can see from your ticker you are doing well , im getting closer to my target every week so im going to have to set another one up lol i can cop[e with that though , people now walk past me in the street coz they say i look so different , ( well i am officially half the woman i was at the start of my fat journey and 5 and a half of that has been since my op ), i'm really pleased you are doing so well, loads of love xxrobbiexx

Last edited:
I don't have enough posts to access it. Never mind - this is another one to help improve my numbers! Sam, you are doing so well! Perhaps you will be one of the lucky ones and not experience the 'post-op blues'. I hope so. I Can't wait to join you. xx

well, thought I would post a little update as I am now 4 weeks post op.

I'm 30lb down in total so far which I am absolutely delighted with. I have definitely been one of the lucky ones so far being virtually pain free since about a week post op, and no post op blues as yet - although I am aware that they could strike at any time so am ready and waiting for them to dare to put in an appearance!

At the mini's meet on Saturday I had my first taste of non puree/sloppy food. I had a few bites of jacket potato with cheese. Everyone said I would feel the restriction once I moved to more solid food and they were right. I could only manage a few bites after being able to neck almost a whole tin of soup when pureed so glad its working. I had about half a ready meal shepherds pie on Saturday evening.

Sunday I could only manage half of my usual one weetabix for breakfast, lunchtime I tried to finish off the other half of the shepherds pie from the day before, but only managed 2 bites. Thought I would try my old faithful soup for tea but think I over ate. After about 5 spoons I felt sick. I had heinz big soup - not liquidised but chewed to death so I dont think it was the food itself that made me feel sick - but the amount I ate if that makes sense. Its going to be really hard trying to work out how much I can tolerate without pushing/stretching myself. I wasn't actually sick, but did stand over the loo for 10 minutes spitting saliva. The feeling soon passed though.

I'm also constipated now which is a bit uncomfortable. Ive been trouble free in the toilet department up until now so I'm hoping its a temporary blip. Gonna ensure I up my fluids over the next couple of days to get things moving again.

I'm back to work on Thursday so need to go through my wardrobe to see what clothes are suitable. Its so tempting to go out and buy new stuff but I know it would be a waste of time and money if I drop through the sizes quickly.

Sorry for such a long post. I know I found threads like this really helpful and interesting when I was pre - op, so if it helps anyone then it will be worth it.

Have a great day everyone xx

just wanted to drop in and say WELL DONE :D
You're doing fab.

I know what you mean about food, I could wolf a can of soup one day then can only manage half another day, some days stuff I had the day before dont want to go down either. But its all the fun of learning about the new tum !:D

As for clothes, I have a new rule! If Im going to buy something I only buy 1 thing in that size, or one outfit, eg jeans n top, trousers n shirt. Then your not wasting money on loads of clothes that are only going to fit you for a few weeks/months. :p Then sling them on ebay and get some spending money for the next size down lol.

Anyhoo, keep up the good work and again well done 30lb is awesome :)

hi sam you will soon learn what is enough by just looking at yr plate but what i found helpful in the early days was whatever i put out for myself i would then put half in another bowl and then half it again into another bowl so in effect i ended up with quarter. I after i had eaten that and if i felt i still needed more i would then take half the quarter portion left and have that. Invariably i never went back for the last 8th and also still had another meal left for the following day.
You looked fantastic on sat and i know that even when you have yr this is for life moment you will sail through it and come out the other 2 min wobble smiling and so happy.
Take care hun and enjoy yr return to work
love
carolexx

There was a meeting on Saturday???????????

There was a meeting on Saturday???????????

It was in Manchester! Its been on the meetings thread for ages.

You've just reminded me though, Terri and I were talking about arranging a quick coffee somewhere in North Bham over the next few weeks. I'll get on to it now.

just wanted to drop in and say WELL DONE :D
You're doing fab.

I know what you mean about food, I could wolf a can of soup one day then can only manage half another day, some days stuff I had the day before dont want to go down either. But its all the fun of learning about the new tum !:D

As for clothes, I have a new rule! If Im going to buy something I only buy 1 thing in that size, or one outfit, eg jeans n top, trousers n shirt. Then your not wasting money on loads of clothes that are only going to fit you for a few weeks/months. :p Then sling them on ebay and get some spending money for the next size down lol.

Anyhoo, keep up the good work and again well done 30lb is awesome :)

Thanks hun, Im loving following your journey as you are only 2 weeks ahead of me. Thats good advice about the spending/shopping. I might go and have a mooch today so I can look fabulous when I go to work on Thursday!

hi sam you will soon learn what is enough by just looking at yr plate but what i found helpful in the early days was whatever i put out for myself i would then put half in another bowl and then half it again into another bowl so in effect i ended up with quarter. I after i had eaten that and if i felt i still needed more i would then take half the quarter portion left and have that. Invariably i never went back for the last 8th and also still had another meal left for the following day.
You looked fantastic on sat and i know that even when you have yr this is for life moment you will sail through it and come out the other 2 min wobble smiling and so happy.
Take care hun and enjoy yr return to work
love
carolexx

Thanks for that advice Carole, I'll give that a go. I'm still gobsmacked at how totally amazing you looked on Saturday. You and Nic are still my thinspiration!

Well done Sam...fantastic results....you are a surgeons dream patient!

Glad you all had a lovely time at the meet...Just wish we all lived nearer...are there any photos yet?

(((hugs)))

Thank you Snow.

Phatgirl (nic) took lots of pics but I havent seen them posted yet.

Hi Sam

Wow 30lbs, what a fantastic start. Hope going back to work goes well and Im sure you will look fab x

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your updated post. It was fab. I had mine only 3 days before you and have seen so much of me in your posts and hence, have taken lots of the advice, such as Carole's!!!!
Well done on your 30lb. Absolutely fantastic.
Am pretty new(ish) on here - when you talk about meets - are they for minimins or particular to where you had your surgery? I would so love to meet you all!! You are all so inspirational.
xx

The meets are for anybody Bungle. THe more the merrier. Its so inspirational to meet up with fellow WLSers to hear their success stories.

The next main meet for us is in Bham in November. Cant remember whether an exact date has been set as yet. If you look in the meetings subforum the details are in there.

Back