• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scared about going on soft stage tmro

Raynebubble

im 5 week post op tmro and starting on soft food stage... but im getting rather anxious about it and i dont know why... on pureed my day normally consists of

reduced sugar rusk for breakfast, veg soup for lunch and shepherds pie pureed for dinner... just an example.
I have a diary sheet but it is really basic... i just keep heaing these stories of food getting stuck and i am just getting a bit freaked out and need a bit of reassuance please xxx

Try to relax about it the more anxious you are the tougher you may find it.
Try the soft food version if you struggle purree it & try again at another meal, a few days late or mixed & matched for a while is fine you'll get there just don't stress as I say or it will be tougher for you.

Thankyou Penelope, i will just have to take things slow x

You be fine hun, you have my number if need anything x

thankyou Bex i really do appreciate your support xxx

5 weeks isnt set in stone honey, if you struggle just eat puree then try again in a few days :) you'll be fine, its a massive learning curve, good luck :) xxx

its a scary learning curve though lol xx

its a scary learning curve though lol xx
yeah im sure it is, im gonna be terrified when its my turn, and you'll be saying "dont worry caren, its a learning curve" hahahahaha

i know Caren...im just a worrier lol... i had a long phone cat with Bexs99 tonight and i feel a lot better after talking to her... you just know Caren i will be here for you along your journey xxx

You'll be fine lovely. The transition isn't that bad. You've already been eating crackerbread, cheese melts and pate and if you can manage that you'll be fine with mashed up stuff. I'm only 3 days ahead of you and I've just eaten a chicken fajita with cheese, lettuce, fried onions and peppers and I'm fine. Was lovely too. Only managed a small one though.

Love Kate x

You'll be fine lovely. The transition isn't that bad. You've already been eating crackerbread, cheese melts and pate and if you can manage that you'll be fine with mashed up stuff. I'm only 3 days ahead of you and I've just eaten a chicken fajita with cheese, lettuce, fried onions and peppers and I'm fine. Was lovely too. Only managed a small one though.

Love Kate x

i only had the crackerbreads, pate and cheese for two days then when i told the hospital as they needed to know what i was eating as i had that first water infection... i got a proper telling off lol... but ive still got them so i can have them tmro lol... im gonna start off slow tmro and see how i go .... i will be on here tmro night telling you all how ive got on.. you just know it!!

I do not know if I have done a crazy thing but I have eaten seafood, I tried to stay away but I could not resist the tentacion to find out if I was able to ...to my surprise I ate 4 prawns, 1 oyster and 2 calamary....tasty wonderful and not problems....thank God

i know Caren...im just a worrier lol... i had a long phone cat with Bexs99 tonight and i feel a lot better after talking to her... you just know Caren i will be here for you along your journey xxx
thank you Rayne, it means a lot :) xxx

take it slow and steady Rayne and you'll be fine xx

I am less than 6 weeks out and I am eating normally since xmas day! Today I had 3/4 weetabix. For lunch I had melba toast and pate. For dinner I had a smoked haddock fishcake with mash and swede. (only managed half) I went to the cinema too today and ate a Nakd Cashew cookie bar.
Honestly Rayne, everything will be fine. I eat nuts, fruit etc, Clementines are my fav atm, even the membranes are no problem.

ok i just need to be brave and try something new every day lol x

It's just food! You don't need to be brave, you aren't doing anything risky or dangerous!! 5 month old babies eat lumpy food lol. You should switch the rusk to a cereal, it will give you some fibre, and they are fortified with vitamins. (except porridge)

thinh is the only cereal i like is rice krispies and frosties.. so they are gonna be a no no... being rice and the other being sugary lol... im gonna have a crispbread with a cheese triangle on in the morning then a spoonfull of fromais frais to have my antibiotic

Why would rice krispies be a no no? Well apart from the sugar content maybe. I found the cheaper shops own brands were lower in sugar. Soak them well in milk and you'll be fine.

Just relax about what you are and aren't going to eat. Eating when stressed is a nightmare, makes the whole situation worse.

Think back to the days of weaning your daughter, bananas, mash and gravy with soft cooked vegetables, fish in cheesy sauce with mash.

If you aren't keen on cooking then buy ready meals, scoop out a third and just cook that.

Your freezer will become your best friend over the next couple of weeks!

Just remember to relax and don't over think all the time!

Good luck today!

thankyou Lucy x

Back