• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.Positive

When you all say that this journey is a full ups and downs you weren't wrong.

After Yvessa, suggested I get in touch with PALS yesterday, I wrote them an email this morning. The lady who got in touch said she would forward my email on to the Bariatric team at UCH and this is what came back.

It is not often I forward a complete email on to a patient but i think this is just what you want to hear!!!

I believe she is just a bit worried because of what was said in her last clinic letter, as follows:

You may be aware that the commissioning guidelines for bariatric surgery have recently
changed and that there is now a requirement for evidence of a tier 3 type multidisciplinary weight loss
programme for at least six months before a patient would be eligible for surgery. If you could provide this
information with regard to weight over time and weight loss attempts I would be grateful, otherwise I
would recommend that you seek a tier 3 level weight loss service before we proceed to bariatric surgery.

However, since then she has been discussed at our MDT meeting, and they agreed that she is a good candidate for surgery, but first needs to be reviewed by the clinical psychologist. I don't think she will have received the letter from this meeting yet, but perhaps she will feel more at ease when she has read it. She can by all means join a diet club through her GP if she wishes, but from our side she just needs to wait until she has seen the psychologist here, and the team will then re-discuss her case to decide if she is then suitable for surgery.

that sounds positive

Fantastic!!!

I am sooooo pleased you got such a quick and positive reply xx

I'm pleased that the ball is now rolling... Well done Hun...x

Great!! all sounds very positive :)

Back